Chapter 8

I stood there in disbelief. That can't be Dallas. Dallas died. I fell on his lifeless body right after. No, I won't accept that he's in front of me. If he is back from the dead, then Soda or Johnny have to be back. That's the way it works, right?

As Dallas stared at me, I stared at him, finally taking the time to tke him in. He looked the same. He had the same dark eyes  and same build. He still looked like he was seventeen when he should be twenty. His hair was different.

"Dallas?" I asked with a cocked eyebrow. It can't be Dallas. I watched Dallas die. He crumpled under the streetlight. I fell on his dead body right after.

"Pony?" Dallas sounded confused and concerned. Did he expect an answer that quickly? Now that I really heard his voice, it was Dallas alright.

With hearing his voice, everything rushed to me. Dallas helping Johnny and me get out of town, coming for us in Windrixville, his threat at the hospital, the rumble, and his death. Anger took over me. Dallas was alive this whole time?

"What the hell?" I asked, trying to keep myself from decking him in the face like I wanted when he was Persistant Bastard.

 I started to walk away from him. I don't need my past haunting me again. So, is Soda with him too? Or how about Johnny? Is there some miraculous way to turn back time to before Bob's murder happened? Maybe I wouldn't be standing here staring at Dallas Winston, who's supposed to be dead. Maybe then Dallas and Johnny will be still alive.

After  a while of saying nothing to each other and Dallas letting me get a few yards away from him, Dallas caught my arm. I writhed out and continued walking on. I had nothing to say to the reincarnated Dallas. Apparently, he did.

"Pony," Dallas said as he reached for my arm to stop me.

"What, Dallas?" I snapped. 

"Say something," he said after we said nothing to him.

"What do you want me to say, Dallas?" I asked. My tone sounded as harsh as his when we were friends and he knew me.

"Something," he said.

"Dallas, I've nothing to say to you. You're supposed to be dead," I said.  "I've honestly hated you for dying. Everyone suffered a loss and you took the easy way out."

While Dallas stared at me, I removed his hand from my arm and walked on home, leaving him there. I didn't care if Dallas was back. I don't want anything to do with him now.

I nearly slammed the door when I got home. It startled Two-Bit, who was sleeping on the couch. He jumped up and looked at me. He smiled lazily at me.

"How was work?" he asked as I kicked off my shoes and rolled my eyes.

"Just fine until he showed up," I said as I went into the kitchen for the chocolate cake Darry made.

Two-Bit somehow got off the couch and met me in the kitchen. "Who? That guy you met at the Nightly Double?"

"Yeah," I said as I started digging my fork into the cake without cutting a piece. "You know, he didn't have to come back. He should have just stayed where he was for the past three years. It would have made people much happier."

Two-Bit just listened to my ranting. I'm not sure if he was catching everything I was saying or witnessing my rant since I hardly ever have them. As I leaned against the counter ranting, Two-Bit sat on the counter and watched me eat cake and rant while eating.

"Okay," he said after I was pretty much done. "Let me get this straight. You know this guy before and now he's back, right?"

"Yeah, and he decided to look me up of all people."