The Old Section

I sighed as I got out of my car and walked into the library, rain dripping down my clothes. I took off my jacket and walked closer to the main part of the library.

"Morning Y/n." Jenelle said as I walked behind the grand desk.

Her long black hair was slicked back into a tight bun. She wore a neat Pokemon crop top with a black tank top underneath so it wouldn't revel too much of her caramel brown skin. She looked up from the book she was reading and her brown eyes hid behind her glasses.

"Hi Jennie." I replied, "How was training the newbie?"

She rolled her eyes, "Terrible. The kid put Romeo and Juliet in the children's section!"

I made a what-the-fuck face as she put on her coat.

"Was that only book," I said, "or are there more?"

"I think I got them all, but I didn't check the really old section."

The library was the biggest and oldest building in the town. It's started off as a small room stacked with books, but they just kept adding onto it, not wanting to destroy any rooms from before. It further you go, the older it gets.

I rolled my eyes, "When Adam gets here, I'll make him stay at the desk and I'll go look."

Jennie laughed, "Have a great day Y/n."

"You too." I said as she exited through the door.

I looked around my small space that I got so used to seeing and noticed On My Honor sitting next to a cup of coffee, halfway read. Next to it was a half eaten cookie and a very old comic book.

I through the cookie away, dumped the coffee, and put the two books back when they belonged.

"Hey Y/n." I heard Adam's voice from the left of me.

I look at him and noticed he cut all his hair off. His skin was very pale and him hazel eyes were a bit puffy.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked.

He looked at me confused as he took of his jacket, "Yeah I'm fine, why?"

"Your eyes are a bit puffy."

"Oh, the rain gets to me." He said, wiping away a fake tear, "No some water got in my eyes."

I nodded and suddenly remembered the task I said I was going to do.

"Can you watch the grand desk?" I asked, "Jennie told me the newbie mixed a lot of books up and she wasn't able to check the old section."

"Yeah sure." He said as he sat in my chair and wiggled his butt to get comfortable.

"Thanks." I said as I headed down the longest hall of the library.

The library was divided by sections. For example, romance went to one section, action went to another. However the oldest room is for really old books; ones that may have a genre, but too advanced literature to figure out. That and because I'm the only one who will read the books from back there, but I can't read them all and figure out there genres.

Rooms full of books, seats, and computers aligned the hall, but the large doors got smaller and smaller till I got the the oldest room.

I walked in and saw the old dusty books that teens only use for school projects. Like I said, I read the books, but the grammar is so hard to comprehend sometimes.

A small old table sat in between two old, black leather chairs in the middle of the room. The chairs had neatly carved owls on the back that seemed to never age.