The Secret Section

I walked down the street, looking around. I smiled at how it's been five years and still nothing has changed.

The boys lived happily ever after, playing video games, working great jobs, dating gorgeous women, and live in beautiful houses. He even got in touch with their families and old friends and they talk to them daily.

I talk to them daily too. Not only are some of them dating my best friends, but they're some of my best friends too. I usually go to Marcel, Scotty, and Brock for personal stuff, Tyler, Evan, Anthony, Delirious, and David for mood changes, and the rest for advice.

Ironically, I passed by the library. I raised an eyebrow and looked around. I started walking up the steps to it and thought about my experience here. The old hag probably still runs the place, but I wanna see how the place has been holding up.

I walked in and was automatically hit with the familiar smell of old ink, leather, and cinnamon. I looked at the front desk and an older woman, not Mrs. Williams, sat there and gave me a welcoming smile. I smiled back and walked passed the desk and noticed that the closed off section was open.

I pointed at it and whispered to the woman, "Am I aloud to go in there?"

She nodded and looked, "Yes. They opened it a few months ago. The books are so old, however, so they're just for sale now."

I nodded and went in there. They organized it; all the books were stacked nicely on tables and the ripped up wallpaper and water leaks were gone. Plus it smelled a lot better.

I looked around and saw that there were some books in here that weren't old, but seemed too new to be in this section. I looked around and picked out a few. I turned and hit a few books down and quietly cursed at myself.

I bent down and put the books I was going to buy off to the side and picked up the ones I knocked down. I bent down to pick up the ones I wanted and noticed something.

Under the shortest table was three books. I figured someone knocked them down and never picked them back up, but of course in the back of my mind, I thought it was books without authors. That probably wasn't the case, but I still wanted to see.

I slid my hand under there, getting cobwebs and dust all over myself, but I didn't pay too much attention. I pulled out the three books and widened my eyes.

All three had no authors, and one was all too familiar to me. I looked out the door and looked at the clock. If I opened them now, there's no way they would be free, if they still had a chance.

One was blue, yellow, red, and in white print, it said "SMii7Y." It didn't look old, but it was dusty. The other new one was blue and had a cute baby penguin on under "Jaayy" in a playful white font. They were both hard backs, but the blue one had more pages.

The last one was the blue hardback that broke my heart. I breathed in and looked at the three. I looked at my wallet and shrugged. I put them in my pile of books I was going to buy and walked out, holding the five books to my chest.

I got to the counter and rested them there and smiled at the elder. I pulled out my wallet as she scanned the two that actually had tags. She got the the multicolored one and raised an eyebrow.

"Something wrong?" I asked.

"Well there's no tag on this and I need to scan it to confirm the purchase." She said. She checked other ones and was also conflicted by the same problem.

My heart stopped. Am I not going to be able to take these with me? "C-Can I not buy them?" I asked, not realizing I stuttered.

She looked at me and shrugged, "Just take 'em."