The Mystery Section

Before I start, I want to say thank you to TheHilariousUnicorn for putting up with my shit and letting me bounce ideas off of her and, in general, being my partner in crime; my sister form another mister; and my stress reliever. You should totally go follow her; her books are amazing, and she's a really good writer. Plus, her art is really cool.

~

Thunder growled as we walked into the mystery section. It's my least favorite because not only are the books mysterious, but so is the room.

There are so many places for people and books to hide. When I first started working here, Jennie pushed a bookshelf-that was against the wall-open and there were even more books behind it.

I cold chill ran down my back the moment we stepped into the room.

"I really hate this place." I breathed out.

"Why?" Brock asked.

"There's just so many places for people to hide." I explained.

Evan stopped, "What do you mean?"

I motioned to the bookshelf that Jennie showed me, "Most of these shelves move and there are a lot of secret crooks were you can hide things."

I walked over to the bookshelf and pushed it open. I looked back at the ghosts and they were impressed, but Evan also looked a bit mad.

"Great!" He sighed, "That makes our job so much easier!"

I bit my lip and looked away. He was right. There are so many places to hide books, who knows where it could be.

"Well standing around here isn't doing anything," Brock said, "let's move."

We opened all of the bookshelves and little cubbyholes and started looking. We looked through everything over four times each and we couldn't find one book that didn't have an author.

I went over to the piano in the corner and sat down. I'm still confused why there's a piano in a library; we can't play it let alone listen to it.

Brock and Evan pulled out two chairs from the long table in the middle of the room and sat down. Brock put his head in his hands and Evan sighed.

"I honestly don't know where else to look." I said as I looked down.

Then I remembered how my mom used to say my grandma always played the piano. She would tell me the stories about how she would sit with her and learn. Everyday, after school, she would walk to the piano, open the stool to get her music sheets, and play. That's when I gasped and looked up, earning the other two's attention.

I quickly jumped up, nearly knocking down the stool, and turned around. I popped open the stool and there, along with some old music sheets and candy rappers, was a book.

A grey, paper back book with a shiny, sliver omega printed on the front and underneath it, in a very nice calligraphy writing, it said "Ohmwrecker/Maskedgamer."

"Is this him?" I asked as I grabbed the book and turned around.

Brock and Evan both squinted their eyes.

"OHM!" They both yelled and ran to me.

I sighed, remembering that I was going to be blinded and pushed back. Turned to a position to where I wouldn't hit anything.

I opened the book and flew back like I knew I would. I slid until I hit a column. I sat up and looked around, but my eyes stopped on the light above the piano.