The Last Section

"Shut up." I told him.

He had a smug look on his face and chuckled, "Well it's true. Look," he motioned to the guys and I looked at them, "they get their lives back while you're dead and will forever be in this library."

I turned back to him, "You know what? I don't even care. They get their lives back and that's all that matters."

He laughed even harder, "You're friends and family suddenly don't matter to you?" He continued to giggle and said, "Plus, the fact that you suddenly went missing means Scotty will get blamed for your sudden disappearance."

I widened my eyes, "That can't happen, can it?"

He smiled, "It can actually, but that's only if the author decides to write it like that."

I raised an eyebrow, "Author?"

He nodded in a you-should-know-this manner. He saw that I obviously didn't catch on and rolled his eyes, "Our enter world is a fanfiction and it's based around you."

"Fanfiction?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I know it sounds impossible, but just listen." He said, "You act a certain way because an author is writing about you. If you've ever noticed, all your memories only start at the beginning of this week when you found Evan, right?"

I thought about it and tried to think about anything before that, like my family, my apartment, and my past in general, but nothing really came to mind. "Uhhh..."

"Exactly." He said, "Its all on this website called Wattpad, and right about now, someone's going to comment something about the fourth wall."

"Comment?"

"Not important." He rolled his eyes for the millionth time, then shrugged, "Hope you like the library, because you'll be here forever."

All this is a story. My life is a story that people are reading. Is it good? Am I doing it right? Are people happy with my decisions?

Wait, but I'm dead. Shouldn't the book be over? When will it end? When will people stop reading? Actually, who wants to read a book where the main character dies?

He started to walk away and I grabbed his wrist, turning him back around. "It can't end like this."

"That's how it's going to end." Lui said, "You're dead!"

I breathed in. I literally had nothing to do or say. I'm dead. Story's over. I slowly let go of his arm and lowered my vision to my shoes. I didn't hear him do anything, but I didn't pay attention to him either. I was more focused on the fact I never gave everyone a proper goodbye.

Whether this world is real or fake or being written right now as I go on, I still had friends that cared about me and I cared about them. And even though I don't remember it, they still were apart of me in someway.

I closed my eyes and just let the salty tears fall. I didn't make a noise and just kept my body and face still. I suddenly felt something soft wrap around me.

"Look," Lui said in a tone that I haven't heard him use yet, "I know how you feel. You feel lost, and you feel like there's nothing you can do."

I slightly nodded as he pulled me closer and I lazily put my arms around his waist just for them to slip off. He tightened his grip around my shoulders.

"But look at what you did." He said and turned me around so I was looking at the men I saved, "Years and years families and friends had no idea where they went, but you saved them."