He Knows

Dove's POV

   In hand and hand, both Ben and I walked in to my house, smiling like never before.

Sofia noticed.

" Hey you two love birds, what's up with those smiles?" She asked, she wanted the info, and she wanted it now.

" Well, you see Evie, I -"

Sof started coughing, hinting that I said Evie and not Sofia.

" Who's Evie?" She asked sheepishly.

" E.....he knows."

She looked at me with a blank stare, and then she smiled.
She didn't seem angry, which was a good sign.

" Well....know what?"

" What?"

She looked at me with her hands on her hips.
" Are we going to go off and hide again?"

" Hold up! I'm still here, and you guys aren't going anywhere!" Ben stepped in, holding my hand tighter.

" He's right," I agreed," It's time we stop hiding, and just deal with it."

She smiled and hugged both off us.
" I'm glad we really don't have to be extra careful around you anymore Ben. It's hard because you make us thing that we are our real selves." She admitted.

He smiled sheepishly.

Not to long after this Cam walked in.
He didn't notice Ben of course since his face was glued to his phone....like always, when he greeted us.
" Hey Evie, Mal! Did you guys know tha-!"
He stopped dead in his tracks when looked up and saw him.

He stood up straight and placed his phone in his pocket.
" Oh uh....hey Ben! Uh did I just say Evie and Mal? He-he....um that's um....just their middle names?" He stammered, making it sound more like a question than a statement.

We all burst into a giggle, leaving Cameron with a confused look on his face.
Uncomfortably shifting from foot to foot.
" Cameron.....he knows, don't worry!" Sofia said, walking towards Cam and placing her hand on his shoulder.
" Oh...well start calling me Carlos again! Cause that's me!" He gleefully exclaimed.

#______________________________#

1 day later....

Let's just say that the same situation happened with Booboo, though it ended with him chasing Cameron around the house for possibly a good full hour.

We had all agreed that we didn't think of going to Auradon for the time being, yet had settled that we were going back.
Just haven't decided when....

As much as we enjoyed knowing that Ben knew who we were, the thing that unsettled us was how would the people of Auradon threat it?
Had they forgotten?
We're we forgiven?
Oh how I was split in half of returning back to my real home.

But enough of that.
We, and when I mean 'we' I mean Ben and I, decided to tell Kathleen about us and who I really was.

In this moment, we were in my car driving to the park, the same one we had gone to before.
Though it was my car, Ben insisted on driving, which I obliged at first but he kept on insisting so I gave in.

We had recently picked up Kathleen, which was now sitting in the back watching Liv and Maddie on her Ipad.
I smiled and looked out the window.
My heart pounded against my chest, this sight looked adorable, we looked like a family, Ben and I parents of Kathleen.
Maybe something like this was possible some day!

I internally fangirled over that thought.
I know silly yet some thing that would be cute and wonderful for the near future.
Just imagine.....
Ben and I sitting on a couch in the castle, a ring on my finger surrounded by beautiful children, all looking beautifully like Ben, maybe with a hint of me!
Maybe blonde hair or purple since that is my original birth hair, his honey brown hair with our--
"  -to Dove!Hello?!" Ben said, snapping me back to reality.
I shook my head and apologized, I looked out the window and realized that we were hear already.
Wow, I was really stuck in my thoughts.

We all got out and walked to a shaded spot where a whole lot of people weren't at, given us privacy from an fan that might be around.

" You guys said that we needed to have a chat, so what's going on! Wait don't tell me, you guys are dating!" Kathleen exclaimed, a huge grin on her face.
I giggled a bit.
" Well.....yes you're right....we are together b-"

" YOU GUYS ARE SERIOUSLY DATING!!!! OH MY GOD NO WAY I'M LITERALLY FANGIRLING HARD, CAN I BE THE FLOWER GIRL FOR YOUR WEDDING! YOU TWO ARE TOGETHER, GOT TO THINK OF SHIP NAM-!"

" Okay Kathleen, calm down, we get it you're happy but that's not the only thing!" Ben said, trying to stop her screaming.
She stopped and stared at us, showing that she was serious now.
" Well of  course you know that I'm Dove Cameron, right." I said.
She nodded in response.
" You also know um Ben's old girlfriend....right?" I asked.
She looked at Ben for a hint.
" You know the one who disappeared, one with purple hair, bright green eyes, came from Isle of the Lost?" He explained.
She looked at the ground for a while, then quickly glanced up, nodding her head again.
" Well.....I'm her Kathleen, I'm Mal, when I 'disappeared' I changed my appearances and name, making me Dove Cameron!" I explained to her.

She looked at me with a blank face.
" So you're saying that Mal....daughter of Maleifcent, Ben's ex-girlfriend?" She asked.
I nodded.
All of a sudden she started laughing.
Why was she doing that?

" Okay nice one. It's not Apirl Fools, Dove your not Mal, your sweet as candy, delicate as a rose, you even share photos of when you were small!" She said.
I remembered those photos, I remember Cam had to very carefully create those, since fans were asking for them.
Although he did enjoy having to work on something like that.

But back to what's important, how do I show her that I am Mal?
I could pull back my hair and show her my purple streak-
Wait, that's it!
I should show her my magic, but what spell?
She said I was 'delicate as a rose'  maybe I could make on appear.

Now how did the it go?

" Are you sure?" I questioned her.
She nodded again, folding her arms and sitting straighter.
" Well then.....Soft as a petal, and green in the stem, make a rose appear in front of them!"
Soon enough green sparkles floated around us, traveling it's way towards my hand, then turning into a love rose, a beautiful white one.
I handed over to Kathleen who stated at me in 'awe'.

" Don't judge a book by it's cover!" I said, bobbing her nose.

She stared at the rose then back at me.

She nodded in response again.