#1

Headcanon #1: Kaito smuggled in animals just so Honey could get some relief from his brothers overpowering presence and the stress that came from keeping his title as #1 in Japan when they were in first and second year.

15 year old Kaito Tsukino bit his lip as he ran through the halls. Heavy pants escaped him as his dress shoes thumped on the ground and his brown hair flew in his eyes.

Cursing he stumbled and nearly dropped his bag.

"You wouldn't dare!" A voice howled behind him as he struggled to get into his feet.

"Crap." He flinched and ran faster, turning rights and lefts as the howling voice grew louder.

He turned a sharp corner and pushed open a door before slamming it and locking it.

Kaito sighed in relief as the person could only pound the door and screech at him before he turned around with a wide smile.

"I got them Mitsukuni!" He chirped at the shorter blond who smiled a little at him.

"Thanks Kino," Mitsukuni Haninozuka said in whispered voice as Kaito reached into the bag.

"Kitty!" He announced proudly as Mitsukuni grinned and hugged the mewing kitten.

"You're the best!" He proclaimed.

"Yasuchika is really persistent huh?" Kaito sweat dropped and tried to calm his breathing.

Mitsukuni's face fell and he nodded quietly. "He doesn't think I'm normal."

"I think you're great," Kaito gave a sideways smile before glancing nervously at the door where it got suspiciously quiet.

"Takashi thinks so too but, I don't think a martial arts master should want to cuddle kittens and eat cake."

"You would have an equal understanding of both worlds. Though brawn is strong, gentleness is an equal factor. You can't make a bird sing by smashing your fist, rather use coaxing words."

"Martial arts masters don't get birds to sing." Mitsukuni smiled slowly.

"Well, you are short." Kaito teased.

"What does that have to do with anything?" He laughed.

"Nothing, just wanted to see you laugh." Kaito said cheekily, watching the kitten purr happily. Mitsukuni looking more relaxed than he'd seen in a while.

"Why do you pretend you hate this stuff?" Kaito asked with a frown.

"I already told you, I can't like these kind of things." Mitsukuni rolled his eyes.

"Takashi doesn't care about the fact you like this stuff." Kaito protested.

"But my family does." Mitsukuni said firmly.

"You're going to regret suppressing your urges." He sighed.

"Maybe." Mitsukuni shrugged before handing back the kitten. "Thank you, Kino but I have to go."

"Meet here next Wednesday?" Kaito offered.

"Yeah," Mitsukuni smiled a little at that, "next Wednesday."