Chapter 21

Sunny was on cloud nine after the dishes were done and the table set up against the wall. Matt lead her outside. Everyone else remained inside, in the warmth of the house.

"Where are we going?" she asked, they were heading away from the firepit, and towards the little houses the boys had constructed.

Matt shrugged. "I thought we'd go to the tire house," he said but paused. "Unless you don't want to."

Sunny smiled. "I'd love to," she said. "But is it safe?"

"Bears are hibernating," he said. "And the other Bear won't bug us."

"What about... " she asked, not finishing.

"We'll be fine," he said. "I've got protection inside."

"Are you sure we'll be safe?" she asked and looked around. Everything seemed safe now...

"Positive," he replied and slipped his arm around her back, bringing her thoughts back to him. Being alone with him. Finally.

"And what are we going to do out in the tire house?" she asked softly, her stomach flipped. She could think of only one thing she really wanted to do with him. And they could take their time. She licked her lips.

"Hmmm, I thought we could pick up where we left off earlier," he said.

"Now that I don't have anything baking in the oven?" she asked and chuckled softly.

"No distractions," he said and smirked.

"I like the sound of that," she said.

"Mmmm," he hummed. "Me too."

Once at the tire hut, he turned her and pressed her against the wall.

"Are we spending the night out here?" she asked softly.

"Hmm, probably not," he said. "It's okay now, but it will get colder."

"But you'll keep me warm, right?" she asked softly, her hand cupped his cheek. Matt sighed and turned his face into her palm where he placed a kiss, eyes closed.

He moved his face from her hand and kissed her softly. He moved to her jaw, raining light kisses along her skin. He nuzzled her neck, he made a sound low in his throat. It sounded like a growl. Sunny giggled, her hands roamed over Matt's chest and stomach. Sliding to his back inside his jacket, she pulled him to her.

Now it was Sunny's turn to moan. "You feel so good," she sighed as Matt continued to kiss and nip at her throat and the side of her neck.

She gasped when he scraped his teeth along her skin lightly. Her hand slid up his chest, to his collarbone and then to his neck. She cupped the back of his head, holding him to her. But it seemed Matt had no desire to stop what he was doing. He was driving her insane with his mouth.

With his hands at her waist, he pulled her away from the outside wall of the tire hut. She willingly followed. He never broke contact with her as he moved her inside the hut, into the darkness. Then even more darkness and then... light.

Sunny pulled away from him, she looked around, a little confused.

"You made a door?" she asked and frowned as she looked at the previously gaping doorway.

"It's temporary," he said and shrugged. "It won't keep anyone or anything out, but it will keep out the wind, snow, and rain."

Sunny giggled as she left him to look at the door. It was a piece of corrugated metal that he'd attached on hinges made of pvc pipes. It looked hastily put together, but she couldn't imagine when he had time to do even that.