CHAPTER 2

Amanda was late(again).Hazel couldn't understand what takes Amanda so long to just dress up (or is it why do Hazel take so less time...).Anyways the point is that Amanda was late for school as usual and she was making Hazel late in that routine, which Amanda had managed to follow for the last five years.

When they both reached their class Mrs Lauren was glaring at them (as usual) for they were late. As the daily routine Amanda gave an excuse that Mrs Lauren nodded to and they admitted themselves to their seats.That day there was an announcement that there was an inter school basketball  competition.Amanda was the one who was exited more than Hazel was . Hazel's love for basketball began since her first day at school(......... its been 12 years or so........) and now her passion is stepping forward, from her dreams to reality................................................................... Amanda is the one who gave her the confidence that she could play the game well which she was trying to.But whenever something good is going to happen fear  occupies Hazel's  mind like a shadow ................

The next day to her surprise Amanda was early. They reached at school 15 min early . By looking at Amanda's  face I understood that she was sad.As any other friends do she asked Amanda why was she upset.She rarely become this silent and sad and when she does it wouldn't be for any small reason. By the time Amanda looked up into her eyes she had already broken down into tears and Hazel hated seeing her like that...........she doesn't look like The Amanda when she does that...........................when she cries....................................... 

Even now I cant believe that she was shifting her flat. Both of us couldn't concentrate on our classes that day . She was going to leave in a week , and what a terrible coincidence!!Amanda was leaving on the day of the Basketball match.I have heard that people believe in omens , though I don't believe.............somewhere in my mind there was fear.........