CHAPTER 4

When she gained consciousness , the first thing she remembered was the smell of medicines that rushed in through her nostrils into her body.As she opened her eyes , the bright light that was illuminating the room blinded her and she felt a slight pain inside head.Her mom and dad was sitting beside her hospital bed.They told Hazel that Amanda just left from there.They said that they were proud of her as she played well during the match.............They talked about everything except her sudden illness...............

At last when they talked about it she felt that she shouldn't have known the truth.She couldn't even believe what she was hearing....................................she had brain tumor.

Hazel was all alone inside her house.Mom and dad went for work and Haya had gone to school.She didn't know that a single day would make a lot of difference in her life.She had not even expected her life to turn out so badly.The doctors had said that she should not take much tension and they suggested her not to go to school as that would be good for her health.The only thing that depressed her the most was that she could not play basketball anymore as the doctors said that if she did play she would feel dizzy.............................they said that, because of her tumor it was difficult for oxygen to reach all parts of her brain or something like that.She didn't pay much attention to it as all she was concerned about was weather she could recover.

Within a week she got used to her routine of staying at her house all alone.But today she was not alone.Nature chose to accompany her today.It was raining and she sat in the living room , looking out of her window.The radio was turned on and she was lost in her own thoughts.

All of a sudden the radio lost its signal .Hazel went and switched it off and as she turned it off the lights in the room began to flicker and the doorbell rang.

She knew that it was not time for her parents to be back from work nor it was time for Haya to arrive after school.....................................then who could it be.......................................................