Chapter 4

It's been quite a week. I sit up in bed scrolling through my social medias not wanting to get out of my warm bed. New York is getting a little chilly now since it's fall and I need to go shopping for fall clothing. As if hearing my thoughts, Aubrey bust into my room with her overly energetic self, "Morning sunshine! Let's go shopping today!"

We've gotten close over the couple of days and I can see myself really liking this girl. I agreed on going shopping with her so I quickly went and get ready.

"Where are you guys going?" Aidan asked when he sees us coming down the stairs all ready and on the go as he sips on a cup of coffee or tea while sitting on a stool at the island.

Aubrey walks up behind him massaging his shoulders then yells in his ears, "shopping!"

Aidan flinched and playfully shove Aubrey away from him, "you don't need to go shopping, you have more than enough clothes already Bree."

"Uh, no?" Aubrey replied taking up Aidan's wallet and pulling out a black platinum card.

Aidan gives Aubrey a stern look then Aubrey returns with a cheesy smile. Why can't I reach into someone's wallet and take their card without them killing me too?

"Bree, i'm serious. You have a limit," Aidan tells her and giving her a kiss on the forehead, "don't make me go bankrupt."

With that, he walks up the stairs.

"I wouldn't dare!" Aubrey shouted back and she turned to me, "let's go."

___________________

We arrive at the mall couple minutes later and we started doing our shopping with mostly Aubrey being the one to purchase something.

"Oooooooo, we should getting matching shirts." Aubrey suggested and started looking through a rack full of slang tees. She finally decided to pick out two pink shirts with a slice of pizza imprinted in the center of the shirt. It was simple but I liked it.

"Too bad you have to leave tomorrow." I said whining a little bit. Aubrey has to leave to go back to her actual home which was about two hours or so drive from Manhattan since she lived in New Jersey. I've come to learn that she lives with all her younger siblings and "a special someone" with their grandmother, Jelena, who is more than happy to be living with her grandkids. I don't know who that "special someone" is though. Her older brothers would visit every once in awhile and their parents would come during holidays. I also learned that they aren't Americans. They were all born in Spain where their parents are currently working.

"I know, but you can always come and visit me! You can just call me and I will have Mark come pick you up." She said cheerfully. Mark is their driver who has been working driving them around since they were all babies so Mark pretty much considered as a family to them.

We continued looking around the place until my legs gave up causing me to collapse onto a bench that was in the mall near the escalators.

"I am so tired," I whined rubbing my neck trying to relieve the pain and soreness. Aubrey also props herself down beside me stretching.

"Wanna go get food then?" Aubrey suggested taking up her bags again and getting up. I nodded also gathering my things and following behind her to the food court.

We didn't know what to get so we just decided on getting McDonald's. I got the chicken nuggets and Aubrey got the quarter pounder. Chicken nuggets are life. We sat quietly eating our food when a loud group of girls came to the table next to us. I soon realized that it's Stacey and her friends causing me to turn my back to them.

"Ugh..." Aubrey lets out with disdain clearly written on her face.

I looked at her questioningly, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just that I know those girls and they are so annoying." Aubrey replies stuffing some fries in her mouth and also turning her back to them. I let Aubey know that I also know them and that I don't find them nice either. A moment later, Aubrey lets out a shriek. I turned to her to see that her shirt was all covered in grape soda and the girls on the next table laughing. I quickly got up and grabbed more napkins from the counter and patting Aubrey dry and also wiping the table simultaneously.

"Why did you do that?" Aubrey yells in anger at Stacey, "are you out of your mind!" That's when I realized that Stacey was the one who dumped the soda on Aubrey. Stacey wore a proud and smug look on her face.

"If I can't have that shirt then nobody can have it either." Stacey commented shrugging her shoulders trying to look innocent and cute but she wasn't. What the actual fudge did she say? It's just a shirt. Oh wait no, it's just a Michael Kors shirt.

It was a plain white button up shirt but instead of buttons, it was gold zippers. I don't get it? It's just a shirt!

Aubrey unzips the shirt taking it off leaving her in only her bra then throwing the shirt in Stacey's face, "If you want it so much then there you go you ass wipe!"

And with that, she grabs a shirt from a random bag and put it on. It's the matching one that we both bought. Stacey had her mouth hanging open not believing what just happened. Aubrey and I grabbed our stuffs then left the scene.

"She is so rude!" Aubrey said still as angry as ever. I'm still trying to comprehend what just happened myself. Did she just strip in the middle of the food court and technically giving away an expensive clothing item? Bold. My typa person.

"Omg did you see her face? It was priceless." I say letting out a laugh causing a small smile to form her face. Then a frown formed on her face again, "I hope Aidan doesn't find out about this or I will be dead."

I pat her shoulder smiling at her, "secret is safe with me."

_______________

"I'm going to miss you so much" Aubrey cried into my shoulder (not literally crying) "You have to come visit me whenever you can!"

I let out a chuckle, "don't worry babe, I will."

Mark moved the rest of Aubrey's bag out the door and into the elevator to take it to the car. Aidan runs coming down the stairs and walking towards Aubrey then pulling her in for a hug. Sheesh. They make it look like they won't see each other for like another five years or so.

Aidan places a light kiss on her cheek, "call me when you get home. Tell Grandma and the rest of the hooligans I said hi and give Junior a sloppy kiss for me. I love you."

After they finished exchanging goodbyes, Aubrey gave me one last hug before stepping out the door and I closing the door behind her. The house already feel dead without her.

"Who is Junior?" I asked randomly trying to make a conversation because it's getting awkward. He gives me an annoyed look, "none of your business."

Okay, I have come to a decision. I officially don't like this guy. I let out a frustrated sigh, "why are you so grumpy? Are you like sexually frustrated or something?" What the heck Jaden. What did you just ask him. Kill me now please. But it's true though, I haven't seen any girls around the house since I moved in.

Aidan just ignores me then disappearing behind a door that was under the staircase. I have no idea what is behind that door because i've never been in there and Aidan said I must not go in there. It is kind of creepy though. I am so tempted to go in there especially after Aidan specifically told me not to. I decided to just go in my room and start on some homework since they are due tomorrow and I haven't touch my bag since Friday afternoon.

Tomorrow is going to be hell when Stacey sees me.