Chapter 39 - Lydia & Loyalty

I walked pass a few fans who were snapping my picture and calling my name I signed a few autographs and was interviewed once or twice by the paparazzi.

In the soccer world we have soccer paparazzi for their magazines or 'news papers' I may not be a celebrity to the music/acting world but for the soccer world I am one and none of the lads know this because it's my little secret.

I showed the security guard my badge and led Lydia to the stadium I stopped half way and handed her a phone "what's this?"

"This is my work phone you're going to be my assistant for today, you press record once I start interviewing the team okay? If they ask you're my assistant okay?" I never brought someone into meet the teams I do because I can get in trouble by my boss.

She nodded at me as we walked onto the grass I first notice the team warming up and the coach talking to a few other coaches "ahh California-"

"Call me CJ you must be Coach Nick" I smiled at him as a shook his hand.

"Yeah that's me and you are?"

"I'm Lydia Co-"

"She's my assistant she'll be helping me interview the team and such" I smiled at him.

"Oh okay, well if there is anything you need just let me know."

"Um I'll be pulling a few band members- I mean team members so I can talk to them and then at the end I'll talk to you and interview you if that's alright with you?"

"Yeah sure" I nodded at him and started to set up my camera and computer.

"Hey are you sure you're okay? You seem out of it..."

"There's something I should tell you-"

"Oh my god! Is that One Direction?"

"Ha that almost sounded like you said One Dir-" and there they were all of the lads standing by the team talking with them and laughing.

You've got to be kidding me.

...

"Woah California-" I pulled Liam to the side.

"Don't call me California in front of the team when I'm around teams and coaches I go by CJ it keeps me separated from them and my real life. And what the hell are you guys doing here!?"

"Um well Paul thought it was okay if we meet the team you know as a little vacation-"

"Great... Just keep out of my way."

"Are you okay?" he grabbed my arm and stopped me I took a sigh and turned around.

"No I think I'm losing my frickin mind tonight I have a date with Luke and I keep thinking everyone is saying Harry's name around me either I'm going insane or I am losing my mind either or just keep Harry away from me okay? I really want tonight to go perfect with Luke okay?"

"There is something I should tell you about Harry-"

"No nothing about him okay, promise you'll keep him away from me?"

"Liam?!"

"I- I promise" I gave him a quick hug and walked back over to Lydia who was drooling over the band.

"Lydia pay attention to me okay?!"

"Is Harry Styles walking over to us!?" I turned around and notice he was walking over to us, I grabbed my camera from her hands and ran over to the team and the closer I got to the team the further I got away from Harry.

I can't talk to him now I am going to focus on Luke and no one is going to change my mind from that.

...

"Okay, one more picture" the team groaned as I took a few more shots of them and the coaches together.

I felt my phone buzz "hello?"

"Hey check your twitter... it's not pretty" I ended the call and looked on twitter "um you guys can go take shots now..."

I looked online and it was all over my time line:

Harry and Kendall break up?!

Kendall and Harry splitsville!

Kendall left famous boy band member for EX?!

Did Harry break up with Kendall for someone else or just called it quits?

What the fuck! This is insane I thought Harry and Kendall were in love... I wanted to be mad but I was more annoyed than mad.

I pulled Louis to the side "what the hell is this?" I showed him my phone.

"Yeah I thought you knew they broke up this morning and right after they broke up Kendall was hanging out with her ex."

"Wait so who broke up with who?"

"Does it matter?"

"It does matter Louis!"

"Okay, okay Harry broke up with her but he wouldn't tell us why yesterday after you left he was talking to us about her and him... and you."

"Me? What about me?"

"Louis come on mate!" Niall called Louis over "can we talk about this later?!"

He gave me a hug and ran over to the team "hey are you okay? and since when did you know One Direction?" Lydia smiled at me.

You've got to be shitting me.

"Um I don't know them" I started to walk back over to my computer.

"Ummm yeah you do because you seem offly friendly with them why didn't you tell me that you were friends with them!?"

"Because if I told you I was friends with them then you would look at me differently" I started to pack up my things she stopped me by grabbing my camera lenses.

"I don't care if you're friends with them? Look you must be really close to them by the way they treat you and so what if you're friends with them I don't care I mean if you had people in the past want to be friends with you just to be near them then they're not loyal friends. The team and me we're loyal and you shouldn't be worried about us pretending to be your friends because we're more than a team."

"We're a family now, and we got your back and I know you have ours. Yes they might freak out that you're friends with them but it won't make a difference" I put my camera down and hugged her so tight.

I really needed someone to tell me that because this summer when girls found out I was friends with the boys all they wanted to do was become my friend and be really fake with me.

And I know that I can count on a team who is loyal and has my back which means I don't have to worry about anything, I let her go and looked over at Harry who looked at me right when I looked at him.

"Hey look Harry is staring at you how cute!"

"Yeah, ha cute..." he started to make his way over to me I look at Liam and he was too busy messing with the team.

I quickly started to pack up my things "Lydia don't just stand there help me!"

"But I think he's coming over here to talk to us.... Hi I'm Lydia!" well shit.