Chapter 12: The Volturi

Jasper's POV

My fear grew with every step I took towards the entrance of the Volturi's domain.  Fear for my mate more.  Who knows what decision Aro would make for my mate, for Alice's mate.  For all of us.  I didn't want to risk the life of my mate or her mortality.  I wanted nothing more than her safety.  But, if Aro decides that she will be turned, so be it.  As long as she stays with me, safe and sound. 

I watch Alice take Dax's hand as we reached the building, I could feel the fear rising inside her.  For Dax and for Edward and Bella.  For everyone. 

"...I won't be needing your services after all, gentlemen." I could hear Edward speaking to someone.  Possibly from the guard. 

I could smell Bella's scent close to Edward's.  Thank god, she reached him in time.  I admire her bravery.  Her love for my brother.  She's perfect for Edward. 

"Aro wants to speak with you again."

Felix.  And I'm going to guess his partner in crime, Dimitri wasn't too far behind. 

"No rules were broken." Edward tries to assure them, but I could feel they they wanted nothing more than to send Edward to Aro and hope to carry out his judgement. 

"Nevertheless, we should take this conversation...to a more appropriate venue." Dimitri says. 

I could feel the panic emotions coming from Edward, we picked up our pace to head towards them. 

"Fine.  Bella, why don't you go enjoy the rest of the festival?"

"The girl comes with us."

"No. You can go to hell."  Edward scoffs at them.

Finally, we reached the doors and Alice broke the locks with ease, and smile at them all as she takes off her scarf and sunglasses, but leaves her gloves on.

"Come on, guys.  It's a festival.  We wouldn't want to make a scene." She says.

"No.  We wouldn't." Felix giving off his sinister grin.

From behind them, I could see a small female figure walking down the hallways, her heels clicking at her pace.  She throws off her hood and I could finally see who it was.  I can't say I was a surprise to see Jane.  Aro's favorite lapdog. 

"Enough!"

Edward gives her a respective greeting, keeping his eyes to the floor, "Jane."  But, I could feel his fear for Bella.  Hell, it was as great as my own for Kat.  And Alice, there was no doubt she was afraid for Dax.  With a single smile, Jane could make us all feel the worse pain of all.  I don't want my love to feel her pain. 

"Aro send me to see what's taking so long." Jane says as she glares at everyone. 

Jane turns and guides our way to Aro.  Edward takes Bella's hand, leading her behind him to protect her.  I take Kat into my arms and guide her.  I watch Bella's face as she turns to look over to Alice with worry. 

Alice gives her a small worried look, "Just do as she says." She whispers and takes Dax's hand to guide him. 

Together, we all followed Jane with Felix and Dimitri behind us. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kat's POV

So, this was Jane.  Hmmph!  I could smell every victim she ever feasted on.  Especially, the big one and the short one who stood next to him.  The Cullens feared these guys.  What a joke.  I could easily kill them all.  But, every species need laws.  To bring down the law, it could mean dire for the world.  Depending on how many vampires are out there.  I look over my shoulder to catch's Dax's glare towards Dimitri.  Dimitri couldn't keep his eyes off of Alice.  Dax pulls Alice into his arms and glares more at Dimitri, but Dimitri just smirks at him.