17. The Tournament That Changes Everything

Original Stats:
932 Views. 24 Votes. 28 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

The Tournament That Changes Everything

━━━━━━━━━

Jack pulled over his bag at his side as the four drove in silence. He reached inside to see that he had indeed packed the one thing he had kept with him since the beginning of this summer. He smiled slightly as he pulled it out and looked it over. He needed to send it to her. That was all there was to it.

"What is that?" Milton whispered, the night taking them over as they crossed the border of Illinois. Jack sighed and handed the necklace over to his friend. He had been reluctant to show any of them because of the importance of the item.

"The necklace I got for Kim. I was going to give it to her when she got back, but it's been kind of my good luck charm since then. I thought I'd bring it with me." Jack explained simply. Milton smiled and nodded before slipping it back into Jack's hands.

"She'll love it when she finally gets it." Milton teased before looking straight ahead once again. Jack felt a smile take over his face at the thought of Kim's reaction. He couldn't wait till the moment she got back. He wanted her to be sitting here next to him right now as a matter of fact. But if she would only be gone another month or so, he cold handle it.

Jack let his eyes follow the yellow lines of the road that were coming to a stop. Jerry was driving while Rudy was passed out in the passengers side up front.

"How long has he been asleep?" Milton asked Jerry as they pulled into the hotel parking lot. Jerry sighed and looked over to their sensei. The three boys had been alternating between driving since yesterday when they had left Seaford while Rudy had simply been sleeping the whole way here.

"Long enough." Jerry huffed before reaching over and shaking their sensei awake.

"What?" Rudy groaned as he attempted to roll over, only then pushing the door open. Jack held back a laugh as they watched Rudy fall out onto the pavement. He jumped up right after, seeming to look very shaken.

"You okay, Rudy?" Milton asked with a sly smile as he got out of the car. Rudy nodded nonchalantly.

"Yep."

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *.

Kim smiled as she walked across the street along with her four, now five, best friends. The five had decided to walk to the mall from the diner across the street. Eddie raced to catch up to their evident leader.

"Hey." He whispered as he caught up. Kim smiled his way, Garrett joining the two at the head of the fab six. People saw them slightly different now that Eddie was along for the ride, but the six still stood as the most popular in the senior class.

"Hey." Kim said with a smile as Garrett linked arms with her. He had only known her and Ricky's true identities for less than three days, but he had kept the secret quite well. She was happy to say the least that she had yet another person to trust during her time here. The only problem, was it made it that much more difficult to have to leave soon enough. The two had almost been here a month and two weeks. That was almost enough to fill up half the summer.

"Where do you want to to?" Garrett asked as Delia took a large step up to stand next to the four. She and Garrett had yet to proclaim themselves as a couple, but the two had grown quite close over the past few weeks. Kim smiled and glanced over her shoulder to see the happy couple was still very happy.