musical healing

stress is something that always bugs everyone at some point or another in their lifetime, along with all the other emotions felt daily by some people; sadness, anger, regret, guilt, happiness, hope, etc., etc. i just think it's really cool how some songs can just capture the feeling perfectly when you can't put how you feel into words yourself.

some people, myself included, use music to let people know how they feel without really saying anything at all. that's why i believe it is so important to actually pay attention to a person's playlist. of course, some songs are just too musically pleasing to listen to, even if they don't mean anything to you - so there are exceptions, but for the most part, music is the mouthpiece for those who aren't too vocalized about their feelings and such.

i'm guilty of having more songs on my playlist that sound good to me rather than what i feel, but there are a number of songs that i keep close to me. i use music to calm me down most of the time, so softer songs are a go-to for me.

although "wonder drugs" were used during the writing and producing of some of the music, music is just a wonder drug in itself, really. it can make you feel good, it can make you feel numb, make you cry... it can alter your mood in any way possible if you found the right song.

music is powerful. so very powerful that it's almost scary, but i don't think people realize it. even the music today is powerful, and i'm talking mainstream pop music as well (which is the worst kind to me, oops).

everybody's had at least one song that described how they felt so perfectly that it even shocked you a little bit. we've all had at least one.

that's why we aren't having a poll today.

instead, comment a song that has/does describe how you felt/feel and i'll listen to it and get back to you on it.

for me, a song that speaks to me at the moment is a tie between vienna by billy joel, behind blue eyes by the who, and run of the mill by george harrison. depressing, i know, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- syd

don't forget to comment a song!