Young Years

My name is Jazmine; Jazmine Martinez. I was born on December 31st and although I'm a twin, my twin sister was born on January 1st. My family was kinda of a mix between Russian and Latin-American.

My father was an understanding Latin-American man. However, my mother was a rich Russian woman who was surprisingly strict because she didn't want us to become spoiled even though we were rich.

My father somehow got the approval of my mother's family to marry her and let the wealth flow through his family. Three years into their marriage, my mom became impregnated with my sister and I. My mom had a hard time during labor as she experienced excruciating pain. My birth occurred at 11:58 pm and my mother was pretty happy until she heard the news that she'll be giving birth to another. My sister, Jamie's birth was different as she didn't cause my mom the same level of pain that I caused her. She was 12:02 am or that's what my mom says.

We were Aristocrats and aside from being rich, that wasn't something that I liked because it meant I would never truly be normal.

According to my mother, my first words were aah, Daa and haa. Kinda weird right, since you can't really call those words however just like any other baby, it was easier for me to say Dada and Daddy than saying Mama and Mommy.

I used to be very feisty and would always get the attention of my mother who always had a bottle of my favorite drink on the jumper jacket she wore.

___________________________

"My pretty princesses, you two will grow up to become amazing beautiful girls, guaranteed." My mother said to us.

I glanced up at my mother and giggled at her. My mother lifted me up and gave me a bottle of my drink to drink.

Meanwhile my father lifted up my sister.

"Can I get anything for the little ones Master Jazper?" Geoffrey, my family's butler, asked.

"That won't be necessary Geoffrey." My father said.

"Dada!" I squealed.

"Seems like she's daddy's little girl sir." Geoffrey said before leaving the room.

"Dada!" I shouted out once more; capturing my father's full attention.

"Yes my little one." He said as he looked at me.

"Aaah!" I replied while pointing towards him.

Although my parents didn't understand the language I was speaking, they always knew just what I wanted.

"I think she wants you to read to her." My mother said to my father.

"Haa!" My sister assisted.

"They both want me to read I guess, so asked, so done." My father said as he placed my sister down in the shared play pen we had.

My father took up a book from the shelf above where he was sitting and opened it.

"Once upon a time, They were two princesses. They were pretty and elegant. They always used to do everything together until one day a prince came along and had to choose between the two. The prince..." my father started as I drifted off to sleep in my mother's arms.

___________________________

Although I was born first, my sister made her first steps before I could even make half a step.

"Aah!" My sister said as she walked from my mother towards my father.

Feeling left out I started to cry which distracted my sister from walking to dad changing her attention to me. My sister also started to cry, probably cause she knew I felt sad.

"Aww what's the matter dear, feeling left out?" My father asked as he walked over to me and picked me up wiping away the tears from my face and kissed my forehead.

I cried in my father's arms. I felt bad about my inability to walk and also about making my twin sister cry.

"Don't worry Jazzy, you will walk soon enough. Jamie is just a faster learner but that's alright, I love you both all the same." My father said.

"You're supposed to be trying to make her feel better." My mother playfully said to my father.
"I am, aren't I?" My father playfully argued.

I found this funny so I started to giggle.

"Apparently, you are." My mother added.
"Dada!" I squealed as he tickled me.

"Mama!" My sister shouted out as she wanted my mother's attention.

"Yes Jamie." My mother answered.

"Ahh." My sister said before yawning indicating that she was tired and wanted to sleep.

"Alright , let's get you to bed." My mother told my sister.

"Ahh!" I argued trying to get my mother to give me some of my favorite drink.

"You want to sleep too?" My father asked.
"Aaah!" I replied in denial and shook my head.
"I think she is thirsty, let's give her some drink." My mother said as she gave my father a bottle full of cherry juice which was my favorite.

My mother then took my sister to bed.

___________________________

Young Years - Jazmine Mini #1