From Bad to Terrible

Age 11
Mid-November

"Jazmine Alayna Martinez and Jamie Alexandria Martinez! Come here right this instant!" My mother called.
Usually when we are in trouble, my mom used full names and she just did so I wonder what my sister and I are getting in trouble for.
"Yes mommy?" Jamie said shyly.
"Mom, you called? I said boldly.
"Yes, I just got off the phone with your teachers and it looks like you two didn't do your homework and since the teachers can't punish you, they called me." My mother explained.
"Well you see mom, I thought I had put it in my bag but it was the wrong book" I lied trying to escape trouble.
"I don't know where my book is." Jamie lied also trying to escape.
"Stop! You are lying to me, I know when you lie, Jazmine you twitch your right eyebrow when you lie and Jamie you may avoid eye contact most of the time but when you lie, you move your eyes around a lot so that your mind is distracted by you looking around your surroundings." My mother explained.
'Oh well, I guess mom's gonna ask for the truth.' I thought.
"Tell me the truth Now!" My mother demanded.
Jamie flinched and started to cry.
"Well I did my homework but ...." Jamie started.
"But?" My mother asked wanting to hear the rest.
"Jazmine took it." Jamie finished.
"Jazmine, it is your time to talk." My mother said turning the attention to me.
"I forgot to do it so I took Jamie's book and I was writing it out." I confessed.
"So you got your sister in trouble just cause you didn't do it? Jazmine, You are grounded. And please answer this question, why have you been becoming so mean to Jamie recently?"
"You won't understand." I told my mother turning away and running off into my room.

'Why did Jamie had to open her mouth and tell mom the truth? She can control what she look at when she speak so lying shouldn't be so hard?' I thought to myself, finishing the homework.

Totally frustrated I threw the book at the door and it hit my father who was opening the door.

"Your recent behaviors is unbecoming." My father said. "However I won't punish you anymore than your mother did. All I will do is find out what's really wrong. Is everything okay aside from the little thing that is going on between you and your sister?" My father asked.

"No, nothing is okay. And I still want my own room." I said.

My father walked closer. "What's the matter dear?"

"My whole world is falling apart. I have no one, no friends, nothing and it's all Jamie's fault. I wished Nadya was here." I confessed.

"You have me, always. I love you. And you know Nadya can't come, she have her own problems to deal with and school." My father said.

"I love you too daddy." I said as I was embraced by my father.

___________________________
Back at school
Early December {before Christmas break}

I was walking alone around the school when I saw a brown skinned girl who approached me.

"Hey there, I see you everyday and I notice you are alone everyday." She said.
"Yeah, Its all I know. Me myself and I." I said.
"Well my name is Jakaira Gibbons and I am also alone every day." She introduced.
"Jazmine Martinez." I said.
"Strong Russian accent there." She said stating the obvious.
"Yeah, I'm partially Russian." I admitted.

___________________________
The last week of school {2nd week of December}

I saw Jakaira and she looked weak.
"Hey, you hungry?" I asked.
"No, I'm alright." She said refusing my gesture.
"You look like you are going to faint, here." I said taking out my lunch giving her all of it. "And don't you dare think about declining it. Eat all of it and I don't wanna hear anything about it, got it."
"You're very nice, I will pay you back tomorrow." She said.
"Indeed not! You don't owe me anything." I said strongly.
"Alright boss lady." She said.

Boss lady was like some sort of nickname Jakaira came up with, especially after she realized I was rich. More people joined our little group and I finally had back friends. They were only around cause I was rich and well known but I didn't care because I finally had people to be with.

"Hey Jazmine!" Kristina and Ken said as they passed me.
"Never talk to me again, traitors! Why are you even here?" I asked.
"Free school, its public so we can go wherever we please." Ken said rudely.
"Well it looks like you have a new group now don't you." Kristina insulted.

"How did I ever considered you two as friends?" I asked angrily.
"Maybe cause you..." Ken started.
"Hey! Don't you dare try to talk bad about the Boss-Lady!" Jakaira interrupted angrily. "Let's get out of here" she said to me.

I walked away with Jakaira.

___________________________

From Bad to Terrible - Jazmine Mini #5