Family time

Age 9

At the Age of 9, I was skilled in Piano, Guitar, Flute and singing. My sister had become totally shy and always use to hide in my shadow. By hide in my shadow, I mean she tried not to stand out much other than in academics. However for a shy person, she shined when she sang.

I think she shined through that talent because when ever she sang she can express her true feelings. She would usually sing in the bath or when we were home. Occasionally she sang at other places such as church and one instance, school.

___________________________

"Jamie, are you going to sing for mom on Mother's Day?" I asked.

"What? No way, there will be too much people there." Jamie said.

"That shouldn't stop you, you are an amazing singer." I complimented.

"I know that but..." Jamie started.

"But nothing, now come let's go to the instrument room to find a song for you to sing." I exclaimed cutting her off.

"Alright... let's go I guess." My sister replied.

We walked over to the piano and I sat on the stool while my sister walked around the piano in deep thought about what to sing.

"Hey girls." My father said as he entered the room.
"Hey daddy." My sister and I said in unison.
"What are you two up to?" He asked.
"Thinking of a song to sing for Mother's Day." Jamie said.
"Oh, is that so?" My father asked.
"Absolutely." I confirmed.

___________________________

Mother's Day

My sister and I sat in the church waiting as the Mother's Day program went on. My mother still didn't know that we'd be making a presentation.

"And next up, we have a musical selection by the Martinez sisters!" The MC announced.

"Wait what?" My mother asked surprised.

My sister and I rose from our seats and made our way to the stage.

The MC then proceeded to give me the microphone.

"Good morning, Happy Mother's Day to all and a Happy Mother's Day specially to mom. This song is dedicated to you mom and all mothers here, Jamie and I worked so hard to get it ready, hope you love it." I explained.

I passed the mic to Jamie and she started to sing Somebody's Hero by Jamie O'Neal.

After our presentation, I glanced into the congregation only to see my mother's eyes filled with tears.

"We chose that song because it's one of mom's favorite songs. If you are wondering about the song, it's entitled Somebody's Hero and is sung by Jamie O'Neal." Jamie shyly said.

Rounds of applause erupted throughout the church as we made our ways back to our seats.

"That was lovely you two." My mother complimented.
"Thank you so very much mom." Jamie said.
"Thanks." I said.

___________________________

Age 10
Vacation: Location : Dad's Vacation Resort

Vacation was something that I lunged for a lot; why? Well because I get to see my family that lives in Russia. They usually visit us in America and stay in one of my parents mansions.

"Zdravstvuyte {Hello} Jazmine, Jamie." My cousin, Nicolai greeted.
"Zdravstvuyte Nicolai." My sister and I greeted.

Our cousins Nadya, Nateasha and Nathaniel joined us.

"Guys, let's start the pool volleyball!" I announced.

"For someone who don't live in Russia, your Russian accent, very strong." My mother's sister Natasha {Nuh-Tash-Sha} said.

"Thank you." I thanked.

"Well Natasha, they are still Russian and that accent is the proof." My mother told my aunt.

"That's true my darling sister." My aunt replied.

I ran and jump into the pool.

"Come in guys!" I invited.

My cousins and my sister joined me in the pool.

"Martinez VS Romanov!" My cousin Nicolai demanded.

"Not fair, they're four of you and two of us." Jamie complained.
"Then you two should be in sync, it's the only way you'll ever win." Nateasha said.
"You do this to us every year and win." I retorted.
"The Martinez girls get unfair every year." Nadya stated.
"Thank you, my point!" I exclaimed.

"Well add more Martinez to your team." Nathaniel said teasingly.
"How about we borrow a Romanov?" I asked.
"Fine then, who're you going to borrow?" Nicolai asked.
"Nadya. We'll take Nadya." I said boldly.

Out of all my cousins, Nadya was my closest.

"But of course you'd choose Nadya, she's the only one of us that you hang around a lot." Nathaniel complained.
"Let's play ball!" Nicolai shouted as he served.

The competition was intense but Nadya's assistance paid off. We pulled through and won.

"What!?" Nateasha cried out.
"How did we lose to you?" Nathaniel scoffed.
"Shut up Nate, they won fair and square. Good match Martinez." Nicolai said as he ruffled our hair.

"Hey!" Jamie and I protested {to the ruffling of our hair}.
"You two never liked anyone touching your hair, your reaction every time, hilarious." Nadya said.

"I still remember when you two would always complain about being the ones with royal hair when we used to tease you." Nateasha said.

"Well, what good times those were." Nathaniel said.
"Sure was." Jamie agreed.

___________________________

Family Time - Jazmine Mini #3