Chapter Three

I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing. I answered it, " Hello?" I whispered. " Hey, it's me, Mitch... I was wondering if you wanted to give Kena and Lexus a play date tonight." He said. I smiled, " Sure. What time?" I whispered. " Hmm... How about 6:30?" He said. " Sure, give me your address and we'll be over there." I said. I wrote down his address and hung up. I got dressed, ready for my day. I got Lexus dressed and sent her off to day care. I went shopping and picked Lexus up.

        It hit 6 and I drove to Mitch's house. As I drove into his drive way, I heard yelling. I got Lexus and got out, walking inside. " Mitch?"  I said putting Lexus down and walking around. " Why can't you just fucking face it! You're not a good father!" A woman shouted. I watched them argue. " I'm not a good parent?! You party, fuck, and drink like you're gonna die tomorrow!!! You NEVER come and see her!" He shouted. I cleared my throat. " Oh... Um... Madison... Sorry..." Mitch said. " Who is this?! Another groupie?!" The woman yelled. They argued more and then she left.

        Lexus and Kena played while Mitch and I talked. " She's my ex wife..." He started. " We got a divorce after I found out she cheated on me with my friend... We have split custody of Kena, but I should have her for good... She doesn't do shit for Kena..." He said, watching her. I put my hand on his. " It'll be alright, Mitch..... I'm here for you..." I whispered. He smiled. " Thanks, I really just need a friend..." He stated. I smiled. After awhile, Lexus and I went home. I put her to bed and went to bed myself.