Chapter 3 //

I was sat there in awe, just staring into space. Every now and then I would see Mr Healy glance in my direction and he would see me staring at him then smirk and look away. Honestly, I think he knows what he’s doing, but I don’t think he’s done it before. Having a relationship with a student is so wrong, but in this moment and thinking about it, felt so right. I imagined kissing his full lips and running my fingers through his soft hair and my eyes involuntarily closed. When I opened them he was standing in front of me, staring at me intently. I cleared my throat and quickly looked down to cover my blush. I heard him chuckle under his breath and I looked up. “Could you briefly stay at the end? I need to talk to you, again” earning a small smile from me. “Of course” I smiled; he returned it and walked away, resuming his place at his desk. The rest of the lesson passed quickly and before I knew it everyone was packing up to leave, even Mr Healy. He was putting all over his papers back into the desk. Once the last of the other 5 were out the room he closed the door and looked at me. My heart rate felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. “You look scared out of your wits love, there’s nothing to worry about.” He finished with a smile. It made me feel a little better but just his voice made me weak. This man that I’ve known for less than three hours, he has such an effect on me. He motioned for me to come over the where he was standing, which I did, bag in hand. He closed the distance between us and I back up against the wall. He slowly brought his hand up to cup my cheek and tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear.  “I just wanted to ask you what day’s you’re free, you know, so you can show me your music.” There goes my heart rate again. “Um, usually weekends, definitely this weekend, both days.” He smiled at my response. “So how about this Saturday, around 2?” I nodded with a small smile on my face, honestly I was excited.

The rest of the week passed by the same way as the first day. Me and Mr Healy would occasionally smile at each other and when we passed in the halls he would say hello. I’ve never felt like this before.

*Saturday morning*

It was 8am and I was completely freaking out about going over the Mr Healy’s. I mean I know he just sees me as his student but I still want to impress him, not just musically. I showered last night so I was completely fresh, now I just need to get ready. I had plenty of time so I just decided to relax and listen to some music. Walking over to my laptop I clicked on my ITunes and decided to listen to play Swim Deep. “She changes the weather...” played through my speakers, soothing my nervous brain. My morning went on like that and before I knew it, it was 11am so I decided to start getting ready. I did my make-up the same as I always did, foundation, mascara and winged eyeliner. Today I opted for a light pink lipstick. I straightened my hair until it was pin straight; it ended up reaching my hips. I then picked out my denim shorts, a plain grey baggy jumper, some grey frilly socks and my creepers. I then picked out my gold chain necklace with the harry potter, deathly hallows symbol and put it on. Then to finish I put my usual bowler hat on. Looking at the time, I noticed it was half past twelve. An hour and a half until I see him.

I picked up my guitar case and slung it over my back, picking up my phone, purse and keys on the way out. I started walking slowly to the Starbucks a few blocks away from my apartment. Walking in, I decided to just order an Americano and a chocolate chip cookie under the name Lola. Once I had ordered I went and took a seat on one of the couch chairs in the corner. See, I’ve always liked to be secluded and have my own space, which is exactly what I’m doing. About 5 minutes went by and my name was called out. The woman behind the counter handed me my coffee and cookie and I thanked her and walked to sit back down, having paid earlier. For the half an hour I was sat there, I just stared out of the window taking everything in. I was across from a park so I watched the trees move in the light breeze and watched the traffic zooming by. It’s the little things that make me happy really. Looking at the clock on the wall it had turned half past one. Did I really spend 45 minutes here? I put my rubbish in the bin and picked up my things as well as the rest of coffee.