(1) The Hogwarts Express

"I actually have to walk through that?" I asked, my usual cool and collected character falling immediately when my eyes capture the brick wall in front of me. My eyebrows furrowed, my hands shoved back into the pocket of my navy dress as I looked up at my mother in her pristine burgundy dress as she sighed in response to my question as though what I said were ridiculous. 

"Yes Elia, if we wish to make it to the train on time, you must go through." I have seen my mother do magic, and I've had a few little mystical accidents myself; but walking through a brick wall was where I questioned reality a smidge. I mean, my mother warned me of the brick wall I would have to pass through, but seeing it made me a tad nervous, as though my anticipation weren't enough as it is. It sounds dumb for a witch who was raised in a magical household to be scared of a portal-like wall, but even you gotta admit, its a little freaky for a first day heading to Hogwarts. 

"Pardon me." I looked to see a blonde girl pass me gripping a cart of luggage and a cage with a brown owl inside, her parents in tow with a short brunette beside her as they walked. My eyes widened slightly as they passed through the wall like ghosts, and out of sight.

"My little dove, we mustn't stray longer, we are running out of time." My mother stated, her voice more stern and serious this time unlike its patience before. I looked up at her, her grey eyes staring down at me expectingly as I let out a huff, my stomach sinking as I gripped the cart of my luggage, and the cage where my tan barn owl, Renly, before slowly rolling it forward. My palms were clammy as I gripped the handle, thinking it would help me calm my nerves a tad. I rushed forward, and shut my eyes as I ran through, a rush of air hitting me as I opened my eyes, finding myself in a more crowded platform, filled with families and children ranging from my age to tall and older looking ones. The sign saying: "Platform 9 3/4" in big black bold letters above where everyone would enter, and a large sense of bittersweet yet exciting farewells from children to head onto the train with its large print of "The Hogwarts Express."

I contained my excitement and the scariness of it all being I was never good with meeting new people like my mother who was a social magnet. I turned to see her just walk through the wall, her eyes glazed over as she looked over the platform, and followed my gaze to the old black and red coloured train. The smell of smoke wafting through the air, and I turned to see so many returning children already in their robes with emblems of the four houses my mother didn't fail to educate me throughout my years. Hogwarts being our top priority, and now that I was actually heading to attend it, my mind was reeling even more than the night of receiving my letter. I felt a huge pit of my stomach, to leave home, and I wanted nothing more than to just embrace mother and head back home, maybe even be homeschooled. However, I knew mother would never allow that, and told myself to stop being afraid and man up, otherwise mother would find me disappointing, never wanting her only child and daughter to be afraid of going to a Wizarding school because she was afraid of all these silly things of making friends, and messing up on her first day. 

"Isn't this all exciting Elia!" My mother and me walked beside each other as I pushed my cart down the platform. I was careful to not bump into anyone, and thought to myself what were the bloodlines of all of these wizards and witches. I probably looked like a Deer in headlights, taking this all in as I trailed beside mother.

"Your mother was always a bundle of joy when walking down this platform in her Slytherin robes." Mother sighed, this sense of nostalgia hitting her as she looked around, as though she were seeing something other than the Platform 9 and 3/4 I saw. My blue eyes scanned the scenery, causing me to not see the incoming person, as my shoulder brushed there's, slightly shoving me, I turned with narrowed eyes and furrowed eyebrows to the boy. I was taken back by his flaming red hair and freckled face, he muttered a quick "sorry," and I scrunched my nose up to see a pet rat in his hand.