(6) All Kids Hate School At Some Point

Dear Elia,

I was informed of the incident you had with Harry Potter. The boy was lucky I did not go down there myself for him to face my wrath for harming my little Dove. I made sure to send a colorful letter to Headmaster Dumbledore about how safety is important when it comes to children, especially for my little Dove. I am glad however you are making friends, understand to focus on your studies and to not stray from your duties in school. The next time that boy dares harm or bother you I will have no choice but come and set things straight, I wish for your schooling to be as smooth as possible. Your grandfather is happy to hear you're in Slytherin and doing a tremendous work in all your classes. We can't wait to see you for the Winter Holiday.

Sincerely, Your Mother.

I let out a breathe of relief, happy to know she won't make a big deal out of it and lay back on my bed in peace and exhaustion from the long school day I had. Me and Potter have found avoiding one another to be effective, but that doesn't mean I wasn't angry at him still. I felt so humiliated, and I'm beginning to believe he did do it on purpose. The only thing I hate, is that I'm seen as the bad guy now for retaliating the way I did when he was the one that hurt me in comparison to me only shutting his mouth. My nose felt perfect, it didn't ache or bleed like before and I was happy and grateful for Madame Pomfrey. Now I just wanted to get some rest.

"Hey!" I look up, startled by the sound as well as my other roommate the pudgy scary looking girl, Millicent Bulstrode, who glared up at the scarf wearing girl. The Middle-Eastern girl gave me a pointed look before lifting up a dirty sock.

"I am not a maid. Pick up after yourselves." She dropped the pink sock that Millicent soon picked up giving the girl a quick glare. She went back to her bed and was soon in a deep sleep snoring loudly throughout the entire room. I sat on my bed looking over my homework, my stamina awfully depleted and I wanted to sleep as well but knew how tough it would be if I attempted to finish my homework last minute the next morning. I look up to see the girl enter the room once more, I have yet to know her name whereas Millicent at least gave me her name despite her rude attitude. I don't know why, but I had the sudden urge to make conversation.

"Do you have to wear the headdress all the time?" The girl turns to me narrowing her eyes, a look that made me feel complete and utterly stupid.

"It is a part of my culture" and with that she turns to head to her bed, her scarf still on her head.

"But do you ever take it...off?" She furrows her eyebrows at me.

"It's not strict for me to wear it all the time. But it is a strong suggestion for me to wear it so I wear it because I feel comfortable with it." She sounded a bit impatient as though she's had this question asked to her a million times.

"So...you're Muslim?" I sounded idiotic I know, but I felt like it was the only thing I could ask without asking something else and sounding completely ignorant and stupid. I only wish to get to know her better, but judging from her cold stares she wasn't the type for being a extrovert.

"Do you think I pray and wear the scarf for kicks?" I have seen her pray countless of times in a language I couldn't even comprehend though I steer clear from asking more questions. I also notice how abnormally long her school skirt were, hitting to her shin though I think it had more to do with their culture wearing conservative clothing from what I hear, but I don't want to sound like I'm making assumptions so I'd rather not assume too much unless I know for sure.

"Are your parents-"

"They're Pure-bloods, now leave me alone." I could've sworn it was like she was reading my mind. She looked exasperated and annoyed like she wanted to chop my head off and grew even more irritated when I asked: