A Happily Ever After

Chapter 9

  A Happily Ever After

    "Erin, how do you feel about earning 1.2 million dollars?" I watched myself on TV, as another annoying reporter asked me the same question as all the others had asked me. I rolled my eyes and turned off the TV.

     After I had woken up, everything was chaos from there. Mark was rushing into the room to charge Vanessa of attempt at murder, and now looking back at her history, it turns out that my father wasn't the only widowed father that Vanessa had gone after. Long story short, she was going to jail for a very long time. We had gone to court and everything; Vanessa not failing to scream threats and profanities at me.

       The press not only were spreading the news about the whole thing in Europe but America too, I guess since I was American. My school, Juillard, was calling and saying that I was pardoned for my absence. I was being flown out to America to settle everything and the properties that I was getting from my dad, and all the money as well. You can only imagine what happened when the boys came along with me.

       The media had a field day and reporters were constantly bombarding us with questions. Since all the shit had already hit the fan, my relationship with Harry was thrown into the mix as well. Harry's exact words: "Screw it, everybody knows everything anyways." 

       Harry thought it would be appropriate for us to come out in public by dipping me as if we were dancing in front of the papparazzi and kissing me with all his desire. It was nearly like the day I had gotten out of the hospital, when all the boys knew it was okay to squeeze the life out of me in hugs and Harry to kiss me like his life depended on it, but I reciprocated his feelings; I kissed him like my life depended on it as well. We hadn't left each other's sides since being in the hospital. 

        Reporters were already posting stories about it and calling it, and I quote, "The Snow White Incident." They didn't fail to mention what I looked like, how I resembled Snow White and how similar my story was. I even came across a fan fiction these past few days.

           I now had everything that my father had wanted to give to me, and after visiting his grave just yesterday, I felt...good. I felt happy and as if there was nothing to worry about anymore. It very much felt as if my dad's spirit had been watching over me this whole time. 

           The boys insisted on staying with me for the next few days. Then they would go back to Europe, and they would be spending the rest of their time off with their families. Simon had caught up with me as well, telling me that their next tour, their stadium tour, Where We Are, would be starting in the summer and it was perfectly timed since I would be finishing college this year. 

           Now all the boys were here hanging out in my dorm as I settled in again. Well, all the boys except Niall, whom I had introduced to one of my friends who lives next door to me, Gabrielle. They were hanging out now in her dorm. Harry had commented earlier, "I really hope that Niall's finally found his princess." 

          "My God," I groaned, lying back on the couch, putting my feet on Harry's lap. "This happened so long ago and they're still playing it on the television."

       Liam looked at me weirdly from his spot next to me on the couch, his leg right next to my head. Zayn was sitting in another chair, sketching something which he refused to show me. 

      "Why won't you show me?" I  had whined like a little kid who didn't get their promised ice cream. Zayn chuckled and made sure his sketch pad was closed and put the charcoal on the coffee table.