Warm Hearts

"Amelia! Amelia! Amelia!"

"What? Sherlock, it's 5 A.M. what could possibly be so important that you need to wake me at 5 A.M.?"

"Amelia! It's Christmas!"

---

Amelia rolled over in her bed, opening her eyes slowly to see Sherlock standing beside her bed, wearing only a sheet and a large grin.

"Dear God, Sherlock!" Amelia exclaimed, throwing a pillow at him, "I though I told you that you weren't allowed to come in here unless you had on pants."

"I've got a sheet!"

"Sheets are not pants."

"But Amelia, it's Christmas!" He complained, sitting on her bed, hugging the pillow to his chest.

"Okay, well, how about you go put some pants on, and I'll meet you by the tree." She said, sitting up so that she was face to face with Sherlock.

"Fine," he grumbled, gently tossing the pillow back to her, before walking out the room.

Amelia walked into the living room wearing plaid flannel pants and a grey jumper that was at least two sizes too big, and fell to around mid thigh. Sherlock, however, had done exactly what she told him to, and nothing more.

He sat on the couch wearing nothing but his pants, and the white sheet still draped around his shoulders.

"What's wrong with normal people clothes? You know, trousers? Shirts?" She asked, sitting next to him.

"Where's the fun in trousers? Trousers are boring."

She laughed, leaning her head on his shoulder as he wrapped his sheet around the both of them.

He hummed a bit of a Christmas song as he leaned his head on hers.

"I knew you love Christmas eventually." She told him.

"Right!" He exclaimed, abruptly standing up, causing the sheet to float behind him like a cape, "Christmas!"

He ran back to his bedroom and came back with a large pile of papers.

"Merry Christmas, Amelia. I apologize, there was no time to wrap it."

"What.. What is this?" She asked, confused.

She read through the pictures, then she realized. "These are my mum's recipies."

He nodded.

"But they were burned-"

"While we were searching for the icing recipe I did my best to memorize as many as possible. I wasn't a hundred percent sure on most of the recipes so I went on the internet to find any that matched and double check. This isn't all of them, but I tried my best."

"Sherlock, this is-"

"I know, I know, I'm new to this Christmas thing, I'm sorry."

"Sherlock, this is beautiful!"

"Oh," Sherlock said, surprised, "You like it?"

"Like it? Sherlock, this is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me!"

"Wait!" He grinned, "I almost forgot." Her an back to his bedroom and came back with a single index card.

"Found this in my coat pocket," he explained, handing it to her.

It was the Christmas Cookie recipe.

"Oh my God, Sherlock." She mumbled.

His face fell, "What's wrong?"

She stood up from the couch, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him on the cheek.

"I'm the luckiest person in the world, Sherlock."

"Just a minute," he said, squirming out of her arms and walking over to a table where his mobile was, sent a text and sat it back down.

Amelia frowned, but soon her mobile rang in her jumper pocket.

"Wrong." She read, "What's wrong.."

"You, Amelia, are wrong, because there is no possible way for you to be the luckiest person in the world when I am."

He placed one hand on her waist and used the other to brush a loose strand of her red hair behind her ear.

"I hate you," she whispered.

"No you don't," he whispered back, touching his nose to hers.

---

Author's Note:

I'll let you imagine what Amelia got Sherlock, because I couldn't think of anything, and I felt like that was a good place to end the chapter anyway.

SEASON THREE THO GUYS

I think I died. I'm still dead.

One more chapter guys, then the Origins story will be up!!

I love replying to the sweet comments you guys are leaving :3

-Kitty xxx