Let it Snow

Let it Snow

-

"Sherlock! It's absolutely freezing in here!"

"Oh, that's right, I forgot to mention to you that our heating was cut off."

"What?!"

---

"I didn't pay the bill, so they cut off out heat." He said simply.

"Sherlock, you can't just not pay the bills and have our heating cut off in the middle of December," Amelia sighed, "I guess I'll go put on a second jumper."

She went back to her room, and came back wearing a red and white knitted jumper with reindeer on the front.

She shot Sherlock a glare as she sunk into the couch, hugging her arms to her body to conserve warmth.

To make things worse, it began to snow.

"Hah," Amelia said, "And now it's snowing."

"What happened to 'Loosen up, Sherlock! It's Christmas!' And 'Christmas is fun, Sherlock!'," he accused.

"Christmas is fun. Freezing is not." She said with a shiver.

Sherlock sat on the other end of the couch, but Amelia slid over, wrapping her arms around his torso and leaning her head on his chest.

"If you're going to cause me to freeze, you're going to have to warm me up some way." She grumbled.

Sherlock didn't move. He sat still and casually ran his fingers through the ends of her ginger hair.

"Do you want to go out in the snow?" She asked.

"I thought you were cold."

"I am, but here I am telling you to experience Christmas and keeping you inside while it snows."

Amelia stood up, walking back to her room and coming back with a thick wool peacoat and tall boots.

"Go get your coat and scarf, we're going out." She instructed, lacing the tops of her boots.

"Is that really the smartest idea, Pond?" He asked.

"Of course, now hurry up. It can't be any colder outside than it is in here."

Amelia and Sherlock headed out into the snow-covered streets, hand in hand.

"Let's go to the park. There's a large grassy area where there'll be plenty of snow."

"It's bound to be covered in children," He mumbled.

"And we're just big children ourselves, now come on."

Sherlock, naturally, was correct, and the park was full of children. Amelia insisted that they stay anyway. They made a snowman, which Amelia was very fond of, and named him Phil.

They were turning to go home, when someone hit Amelia in the back of the head with a snowball.

Amelia was unbothered, but Sherlock, on the other hand, looked angry.

"Now, Sherlock," Amelia started, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Who threw that?" He shouted.

A head peeked out from behind a bush.

"I'm sorry sir," a young boy of around eight said, "I really didn't mean to hit your friend."

"Then what was your intentions with throwing a snowball at her?"

"Sherlock!" Amelia reprimanded, "Leave the poor kid alone. It was an accident and it didn't even bother me!"

"Really, sir, it was an accident." The boy nodded.

Sherlock glared at the kid intently. "Go run to your mum and tell her that if her boyfriend doesn't stop hurting you, that I'll call the cops."

"He was abused?" Amelia asked.

"The way he flinched when I walked closer was the first sign. He had a bruise, too large to be from another kid, and too accurate to be from a drunken father. No blood father would beat his own kid." He explained.

Amelia frowned sympathetically.

"He'll be okay. If he tells his mum what I told him too, it'll scare enough senses into her."

"How can you be sure?"

"We can't, Amelia, but it's none of our buisness. Now come on. Let's go back home."

---

Author's Note:

I'm not really sure where that ending came from..

Anyway, another prompt from OhMyGodHai :D.

It's almost Christmas, guys!!

-Kitty