Chapter 4

I was in front of my closet, deciding what to wear to meet my mom. I decided on a lace top and a denim skirt, pairing with a pair of white sandals. I then braided my hair back, applying touches of makeup.

Then I got up grabbing my Iphone and the address. I told dad I was going over to Gemma’s so he let me go. I headed down the street toward 326 SW Rosewood Drive.

I finally got there after 40 minutes of walking. Which normally, teenagers would be like, how do you even-? But after a while you get used to it. I finally got to the driveway of 326. I started walking down it which lead to the enormous house. Let me re-phrase that, enormous mansion! It is huge! No wonder my mom just gave me $100,000 out of the blue.

I climbed up the steps and walked to the mahogany door. It had chrome handles, that were neatly polished, the light shined above me. I knocked on the door and it answered to a boy about my age.

“Hi?” He said.

“Is there anyone who lives here by the name of

Abby Adamme?” I asked. He nodded.

“Yeah, do you need her?” He asked. I nodded.

“What's your name?” He asked.

“Just say it is an old friend.” I said. He nodded and told me to wait there. He shut the door and I stood there for a 5 minutes and then I decided she wasn’t going to come so I turned around and headed down the stairs. That was when I heard the door open and I heard.

“Yes?” Her voice rang to me like bells. It was something I had missed for 10 years. I slowly turned around and looked at her. She looked the same, her light brown hair and blue eyes. She looked at me confused.

“Are you looking for Brittany?” She asked.

“No,” I said.

“Then whom?” She asked.

“You.” I asked.

“Me?” She asked.

“Yes.” I said.

“You don’t look familiar.” She said.

“Because the last time you saw me was when I was eight.” I said. She squinted her eyes confused.

“My name is Cadence, your daughter.” I said. Her eyes widened and she looked at my face and memorized every detail.

“Caden?” She asked. I nodded, she ran down the steps flinging on to me, hugging me.

“I missed you so much.” She said.

“I missed you too mom.” I said. She was now crying.

“How are you!” She said.

“I am fine.” I said. She unclasped me and straightned her shirt.

“I didn’t even think you were still in New York!” She said. I nodded.

“We moved back a few years ago.” I said. She nodded.

“Do you want to come inside?” She asked.

“Sure.” I said. We walked up the steps and into the house. It was so fancy, chandeliers and mahogany tables. It was really mainstream. We walked into her office and I sat down.

“So, have you seen Brittany at school?” She asked. I then stopped breathing.

Should I tell her? Brittany would eat me alive.

“Yeah.” I said.

“You have?” She asked.

“Yeah, we pass each other in the halls.” I said. She nodded.

“I wonder why she did not tell me.” She said. I pretended to act confused also.

“Anyway. How did you find me?” She asked.

“I found the book and then looked you up on yellow pages.” I said.

“You found it!” She said.

“Yeah, and that reminds me, I wanted to give this back to you.” I said handing her the credit card.

“Why?” She asked.

“Because I don’t need it.” I said. She looked at me weird.

“Use it for college, or a new car.” She said.

“I got a scholarship and I have saved up for a car.” I said.

“Okay. But at least let me take you shopping.” She said.

“Okay.” I said. She smiled and hugged me.

“Stay for dinner?” She asked.

“I must not, I have a dinner to cook as well.” I said. She looked at me confused.

“Your dad got remarried?” She asked.

“No, I cook his for him.” I said. She nodded.

“Okay, it was nice seeing you.” She said.

“You too mom. I love you.” I said, walking to the door.

“I love you too.” She said.

She shut the door behind me and I walked back to my house thinking, wow. I just saw my mother for the first time in 10 years. 10 poxy years.

I just thought about that, repeating the phrases in my head as I thought about it. I walked up the steps going into my house. I didn’t hear dad home, so I just ate a pear and walked upstairs.

I opened my door into my room and laid on the bed, slowly falling asleep, looking at the pink book on my bookshelf.

...

I wasn't going to update till next weekend but it's New Years so... Happy 2014