City Limits

The rest if the day passed in a blur. Mike Newton made no attempt to hide his anger and mine and Edward's 'obvious connection', nor did he make no attempt to hide his feelings for me.
As soon as the bell rang, for the end of the day, I walked, as fast as I could, without being noticed, through the school, dodging the crowds of people standing in and around the doorways. I was almost home-free, but Mike was fast. And persistent.
"Hey, Isabella!" He shouted "Wait up!" He ran, as fast as he could, out of the school, and stopped, mere inches from me.
"So, Isabella-"
"Just Bella, remember?" I reminded him.
"Yeah, just Bella. Um... I was just wondering, if you wanted to maybegooutsometimeorsomething?" He turned his face away from mine, hoping I wouldn't notice the blush creeping up onto his cheeks. I did.
"Sorry, I didn't catch that." I lied.
"Uh.. I was just wondering, if you wanted to, maybe... Go... Out sometime... Or something."
"Mike," I sighed. "I just met you. I don't think I know you well enough to go out on a date with you. Sorry." He nodded his head.
"So, when we know each other, better!" He smiled. I stood, too shocked to respond, as he walked off, head held high. Great, an obsessive human. Exactly what I needed.

"Hey, Bella!" Charlie called, as I shut the front door. "How was school?" I walked into the front room, to find Charlie with his feet up on the couch, beer in his hand, watching the baseball. He stood up and hugged me, awkwardly
"Yeah, it was good." I answered. "A little slow, maybe."
"Make any friends?"
"Yeah. Do you know the Cullen's?" I asked tentatively.
"They're an amazing asset to the community!" Charlie praised "The blonde one is a little bit of a trouble maker. I've had to stop her a few times, for breaking the speed limit, but from what I've heard, straight A's! And their father, Dr. Cullen, is the best doctor we've seen in years!"
"Yeah, well, I had lunch with them, today." Kind of.
"Good. I'm glad everything's working out for you." He smiled. We stood in silence for a little while.
"Well, I've got some homework to do. So, I'll do that, now." I said. Charlie smiled, and sat back down, to watch the game.

After I finished my Spanish homework, I snagged my wash bag and went into the only bathroom in the house; I tried not to dwell on that. The water took a while to heat up, but I was surprised to find I didn't need it. In fact, the heat made me feel a little uncomfortable. I brushed my teeth and washed my hair, and put on my pajama's, before saying goodnight to Charlie--He'd already eaten, and I'd told him I wasn't hungry.
Charlie stayed up for a few more hours, then went to bed, after taking out his fishing things; he and Harry Clearwater, one of his friends, were going after he finished work, tomorrow. I found my favorite book, Wuthering Heights, at the bottom of my unpacked suitcase, and began reading it, from the beginning. When the clock showed two a.m, and I had finished my book, I jumped out of my window, and ran to Seattle. The run, which only took two hours, because of my insane speed, gave me time to reflect on the previous day. I was not alone. There were other like me. How many more? If there were five, at least, in the quaint town of Forks, how many would there be all over the world? How had I not noticed them before? Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. After all, humans aren't the most observant things, and the Cullen's have been living alongside them for centuries, I presumed. I arrived into the center of Seattle,at around four AM, not surprised to see the city still buzzing, filled with life. Outside one of the many movie theaters, a large group of teenagers skulked around, probably trying to get into a 'rated R' movie, though none of them looked older than sixteen. Where were their parents? I know, for sure, that Charlie would never let me out at this hour.
.
.
.
Yet, here I was.
But the circumstances are different!
Worse.
Opposite the theater, was a bar, filled to the brim with grimy, middle-aged men, drowning their sorrows over a pint, gambling their money away, rather than returning home to their awaiting families. If they had any. An uproar of cheering and chanting suddenly exploded from the bar, catching the attention of, even, the teenagers at the theater. I crept forward, carefully, and slid into the bar, un-noticed. Everyone was crowded around a rather unimpressive television, screening a repeat of the Marnier's game. Their faces alight with anticipation, and hope. How could one feel so fulfilled, living a life as such? It disgusted me to no end. 
The bar itself, was almost as gross as the company it kept. The floor was covered in spilled alcohol, and what smelt like old vomit. With my impeccable eyesight, I could see fungi, dotted along the yellowing ceiling and barely-standing counter. The miss matching-ness of the place, looked like it should have held some sort of rustic beauty, but most definitely did not. The staff were no better. I heard them mutter unintelligible words under their breaths, aimed at the rowdy customers. Behind the counter, was an array of barely legal alcohol, obviously not for the faint hearted, and a shelf of dirty glasses, that the customers had no trouble drinking out of. As long as it contained the 'hard stuff'. By the entrance, hung the head of a deer, with a plaque stating the date the animal had supposedly been shot.
Another cheer emanated from the highly intoxicated group of men, breaking my scrutinizing train of thought. 
"Hey, sugar." A man behind me slurred, whilst grasping hold of my waist. I had heard him approaching, but pretended to be surprised, to keep up appearances.
"Get your hands off me." I growled, quietly, so as not to cause a scene.
"Not likely." The man laughed. "I've had my fair share of beautiful women, but you're something else." He grabbed hold of my wrist, in what I supposed was a tight grip, but felt like a loose bracelet to me, and pulled me out of the crowded area. I followed, realizing that this was a perfect opportunity for me. When we had rounded the corner, to a derelict alley, on the side of the bar, he turned me around to face him, and took hold of my waist, once again.
"Now, Lil' Darlin', don't make this hard." He warned "I can be very dangerous when I wanna be." Judging by the lack of control he had over his balance, I guessed that his statement was highly incorrect; at least while he was in this state. As he started to slide his hands further south, my hand slid up to his neck, and I lifted him off the ground, effortlessly. 
"So Naive." I sighed, my voiced laced with false sadness. "I'm sorry it had to be this way." Though truly, I was not. I knew he would continue preying on other girls, not as strong as I, if I allowed him to walk free.
And I was thirsty.
His eyes grew wide as my lips pulled back, revealing my perfect, pearly, sharp teeth. He opened his mouth to scream, but I sunk my teeth into his jugular before he had the chance. The usually sweet flavoring of human blood was not nearly as satisfying, as the alcohol in this man's body soured the taste, slightly, but it was durable. I allowed the blood to slither down my throat, putting out the fire, taming the beast, and my eyes rolled back into my head, relishing, savoring this moment, for I knew that it would be far and few between, to avoid speculation. When finished, I carried his carcass, effortlessly over my shoulder, and glided through the night, until I reached a river. Walking across the bed, I searched for the deepest part and dug a hole, big enough to fit his body into. This chore was simple, and I was back on dry land in a few minutes. 
I made my way back home, running across rooftops and through the woods. Unfortunately, due to my wet clothing, twigs and leaves in the woods, stuck to my body and clothes.
So much for that shower, earlier.
I got back home at seven, unsurprised to see Charlie's cruiser missing from the drive way. I clambered, gracefully, through my bedroom window, and settled with just flannel washing, instead of another shower, after all, Charlie didn't make a lot of money, and I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate me wasting his water. I dressed, in a black spaghetti strap top, jeans, and my favorite pair of sneakers, not bothering with a jacket of jumper. For the first time since arriving, I decided to have a proper look at the bedroom that Charlie had tried so hard to make my own. The bed, which I would never use, was small, with a wooden headboard and purple covers; a color that I wasn't too fussed on, honestly. Opposite the bed was a wooden desk, the same color as the headboard, with an old computer and a work lamp on top. A cork board hung on the wall, covered with pictures and other things. In the far right corner, stood an off-white full length mirror. The design was simple but beautiful, swirls and twists framing it, nicely. In the far left corner, stood a large oak wardrobe. Empty, of course, since I hadn't bothered to unpack my bags, yet. The walls were a faded light green, and around the whole room hung fairy lights. All in all, it was amazing. For Charlie, anyway, and I couldn't help but smile as I thought of how hard he had tried to make me feel at home.
The sound of a car horn from just outside my house startled me, and I jumped out of the window -- My, apparently, newly preferred way of entering and leaving the house -- and crouched, defensively, hissing at whoever had decided to intrude my 'land'. The rather ostentatious vehicle door opened and out stepped Alice Cullen, looking far too fabulous.
"Tone down the dramatics, I saw you didn't have a ride for school." She smirked. I stared at her, confused. How did she know where I lived? I would have known if she had followed me yesterday, and the only time I was out, was for the five hours I was in Seattle.
"Are you coming or not?" She sighed, impatiently. I stood, for a moment more, deliberating with myself, before shrugging my shoulders, and running over to the passenger side.