Two is Better Than One

“Gossips are spreading like wild fire around the office about Ms. Park. Do you think she really has a relationship with our head? That’s just plain disgusting if that’s true. She’s such a devil, a freaking home wrecker.”

Dara bit her lower lip, suppressing her anger as she listens quietly to her officemates gossiping about her inside their rest room.

When she confirmed that they already left, she carefully opened the door of the cubicle and strode towards the mirror. These past few days, the complaints and the gossips about her are getting worse.

And the latest gossip about her? They say she is having a relationship with her already married boss. Dara’s very sure that Jiyong is the mastermind of all of this. She overcame those gossips before and just let them pass…but this? She just can’t take it anymore. She won’t keep mum and just stand here while he hurts other people.

She took a deep breath to calm her nerves. ‘How dare he!’ She was seething in anger. He doesn’t have the right to drag other people into their war.

Unconsciously, her mind drifted to the scene a week ago when she and Jiyong rushed to the hospital to help the poor child. Jiyong had helped her then, even donated his own blood for the child.

Quickly, she brushed off the unwelcomed memory of him in her mind. She shouldn’t mistake him for a knight in shining armor. Jiyong was a mean, chauvinist capitalist pig. She has to focus on that side of Jiyong if she wants to fight.

She could not afford to see gray areas or else, she would not be able to fight him. And fight him, she would. She would not let another innocent people be dragged into this. She has to stop him.

--

“There you are, Jiyong. I was looking for you all over the place.” Dara smiled sweetly before snaking her hand on his arm. And after, she smiled to his business associates in front of them.

“Jiyong, who could this lovely lady here, be?” It never escaped her senses the malicious stare of the man who spoke.

Well what did she expect? Birds of the same feather flock together, right? Of course, the men in this party were just like of his kind, it was after all, the seventy sixth anniversary of Dolce Vita Hotel. This night also marks Jiyong’s formal appearance as the next CEO of the company. It’s just natural that the businessmen in here are just like him, greedy and womanizing.

“I’m his fiancée, Park Sandara.” Smiling, she introduced herself.

“Oh, is that true?” a woman in her thirties asked as she looked at her from head to toe.

“Ah, yes.” She knew Jiyong was startled at her sudden appearance but he professionally covered it up. By now, she knows how a good of actor Jiyong is. “Everyone this is my fiancée…” he sweetly introduced her to his business associates.

--

“Are you enjoying the party, my dear fiancée?” he asked her sweetly despite the sharp glare hidden in his eyes. He moved his lips closer to her ear, “What the hell are you up to, little witch?” he whispered.

Dara chuckled. “I’m here to pay you back—with interest, my dear fiancé,” she whispered back with a sly smile plastered on her face.

“So, what are you all talking about here?” Dara quickly turned her attention back to the group before he could come up with a rebuttal.

“Business, of course.” Answered the same woman who scanned her from head to toe earlier. She’s Han Sumi, the heiress of the Han Group who owns a supermarket chain all over South Korea and the same woman who was standing beside Jiyong earlier.