Kiss and Cry

“What brings you back you here? I thought you’ll be here by tomorrow?” Jiyong bitterly asked Dara after opening his door.

Dara ignored his sarcastic comment and let herself in, walking past Jiyong. She comfortably sat on the couch as Jiyong trailed behind her.

“You, are you willing to continue this engagement? If you are then I am,” she stated straight forwardly, making Jiyong startled.

“What happened? Are you sick again or something?” he squinted his eyes dramatically at her in suspicion. “Earlier, it was as if you wanted wage World War III just to cancel our engagement.”

“Just answer my question, Ji.” She said firmly but he did not answer. “Hmmm...it tears you up, doesn’t it?”

His eyes snapped back at her, hearing those words. His heart suddenly drummed loudly inside his chest. Why is he feeling so scared like a high school boy? Jeez, he’s going crazy.

“W-what tears me up?” he nervously asked back.

She couldn’t have possibly known the truth, could she? That he’s…

‘Shit’. Jiyong inwardly shook his head and cut his train of thought.

“Your desire to make your dad happy and your repulsion to marry me, it tears you up, doesn’t it?” Dara said as Jiyong heaved a sigh of relief.

“Yeah.” He nodded. Why didn’t he think of it? That reason is plausible enough.

“So, Jiyong, let’s get to the point.” She sat straight, like she was in a business meeting. “Back to my question, are you willing to go through with this? Are you willing to spend the rest of your life with me to bring peace of our fathers’ minds? If you are, then so am I.”

She said it so casually and so bluntly that it almost made him wince. This woman really knows what buttons to push to bring him pain.

Jiyong stared at her, contemplating on everything. Spend the rest of his life with her… it sounded so good to him. He could almost imagine himself growing old together with Dara. Was that really possible? He began to look weary and Dara didn’t fail to notice it.

“If you don’t want, it’s fine. I don’t want to pressure you. You can think about everything,” Dara was about to stand up and leave, making him anxious.

All his doubts and dilemmas flew instantly out of the window in fear that this opportunity in front of him will be gone in blink. It was now or never. Take it or leave it. He doesn’t have the luxury of time to analyze every option and his own emotions.

“I’m willing,’ he firmly answered even before Dara got to stand up from his couch.

In the back of his mind, he knows at the end, no matter how many detours he take, that will always be his answer.

“It’s a deal then.” Dara held out her hand for a hand shake. Jiyong glanced at it then stared at her, a playful smirk tugged at the corner of his lips.

“I’ve got a better idea.” He yanked her to him and finally succumbed to his suppressed desires. Jiyong captured her lips hungrily kissing her fully on the mouth thus earning a surprised purr from Dara.

--

“You okay?” Jiyong asked softly. He slid his arms on her waist, hugging Dara from behind then placed a kiss the side of her neck.

Dara tilted her head involuntarily to give him more access. He slowly slid his right hand inside her blouse and caressed her skin. His other hand then went up to her face, gentling urging her to face him. Jiyong kissed his way down from her neck to her jaw and finally on her lips. She sighed and rested her head on his chest when the kiss ended.