Confusions and Kisses

Dara was talking and laughing at Seunghyun’s jokes as they walked down the corridor toward the function hall when her eyes caught a familiar figure.

Her lips formed into a smile as she confirmed that her eyes aren’t lying to her that it is really Jiyong standing and talking to Bom outside the function hall. He was smiling while talking to her friend and Dara thought it was a good thing. At least Jiyong’s in a good mood.

“Hey, Ji. It…”

Dara called out to him but abruptly stopped her mouth when Jiyong turned to her. She saw how his smile vanish as their eyes met. The smile on Dara’s lips froze.

So he was not happy to see her after all…

“What are you doing here?” she asked wearily. She was originally wanted to greet him cheerfully but those words came out of her mouth before she can stop them. Jiyong’s jaw tightened upon hearing Dara’s tone.

“Why, am I not welcome here?” his tone was accusing but Dara decided to ignore it. She was not in the mood to argue anymore with him.

“What do you need?” she asked, dead tone.

“Your father’s worried sick about you. So I’m here to fetch you.” Jiyong replied in the same manner.

So it was only because of her father, huh? Well, what did she expect?

“I’ll stay here. I still have to finish things, I’ll just call Dad. You can go, Seunghyun can take me home.” She said as she looked away from him. Dara failed to see the sharp look on Jiyong’s face at the mention of Seunghyun’s name.

“I’m staying too.” Her eyes shot back at Jiyong. “Bom said that you lack volunteers so I’ll stay and help with the packing.”

It’s true, they need volunteers to help out at their relief operation for the victims of the typhoon. Yet, Dara found herself unwilling to let Jiyong help.

“You can’t…” she argued but Jiyong had already entered the function room by himself.

“Dara, it’s okay. He’ll be big help with the man power. And he’s just going to pack relief goods.” Bom shrugged her shoulders and followed Jiyong inside.

She could not believe it. Have Jiyong charmed Bom too? To think that she clearly explained to her best friend about her situation with him during her birthday, when they met in the bar and restaurant.

“Yeah, Dara. We really need a hand here. It seems harmless,” Seunghyun seconded.

“But…”

“Sandara,” one of her officemates called out from the corridor. “Can you help us out here? We can’t seem to get the logistics very well for the operation due next week.”

“Go now, Dara.” Seunghyun said, tapping her on the shoulder. Dara nodded and the rest of them proceeded inside the function hall.

She took one last glance inside the function hall and found his fiancé smiling sweetly in front of her officemates. That guy, how can he feel at home that easily? Now, he’s laughing—no wait, flirting— with those women from another planet.

After a couple of sending death glares to Jiyong’s direction, Dara turned on her heel with a pout on her lips.

--

“You know how to play ice hockey? Wow, how cool! I suck at balancing so much that I can’t even ride rollerblades, much less ice skating.” Said the woman in front of Jiyong. It was so obvious that she’s acting cute in front of him.

“No, it’s not that difficult.”

“Really? Can you teach me?”

“Ehem!” Dara yelled, wearing a feigning look of innocence on her face to grab Jiyong’s attention.