Tomorrow Will Be Kinder (Cashton)

January 1, 2014

A/N: HELLO THERE!!!!!!

NO WAIT IM SORRY COME BACK

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!! (•__•)

Okay!

Let's kick off the year with some Cashton! So, I honest to god did NOT plan this one bit. Actually, I was writing a completely different Cashton fanfic (which is probably 75% not going to be published) when I just stopped to take a break cause it's really bad. So I was like "Let's do something else..." and BOOM! Here ya go!! I literally started this at about 1 am. It's almost 6:30 am. Before anyone gets on my case for being up all night, keep in mind, it was New Year's Eve, so I was gonna be up anyways. And it's break, my bedtime is 4 am (omg 2 hours past it im a rebel). Probably won't sleep till at least 7:30 or 8. Or just not sleep till tonight. Damn. Anyway, when I said I didn't plan this, I literally DID NOT plan this. At all. I just got a cliché bully fic, and started typing, then I actually got serious about it, and the past hour hasn't even been writing, I've been trying to find a title for this, and I like planned some other chapters. Remember. Started this at 1 am. 5 hours ago. Yep. Btw, bear (bare?) with me, I did/am doing/will do this fic on my phone. So... yeah.

Anyways, I was actually really thinking, and I think I'm going to make this fic angsty. I don't know how many chapters there will be, or what will happen in them, but probs loads of angst. I want to try writing that, and as a fanfiction author, I feel I should try and explore my abilities. So. Yeah.

After deciding to make this angsty, I reread it, and this chapter really doesn't seem angsty at all, but the angst will probably gradually grow, y'know? And, so you know, I got the title from this song, check the side! It's by the Secret Sisters. I just thought it went so well with this. Yeah. Okay. Please read the author's note at the end!!

WARNING: Languge and homophobic slurs

Carry on!

_________________________________

Calum trudged up the steps to the entrance and pushed through the heavy double doors. He sighed as he entered his own personal hell.

As Calum walked through the halls, all he heard were whispers, and stares and points were directed towards him. He lowered his head and let his hood fall down in front of his face, wishing that it was some sort of shield from the rest of the world. The other kids' stares turned into glares, and he slightly quickened his pace, trying to find his locker.

When he got to it, he twisted in his combination and opened it and hung up his coat, and he felt somewhat exposed now that he didn't have something to hide behind. He reached into the top cubby and pulled out a grey beanie, placing it atop his head. He put the lock back in place and slammed it shut, then headed towards the cafeteria to sit and wait until the bell rung.

When he walked into the dining hall, he spotted his two friends sitting at the same table that they occupied everyday. He went over to them and took a seat next to his blond friend.

"G'morning, mate, how are you?" Luke asked. Calum shrugged and set his backpack at his side.

"Same as every other day. And you?" He said.

"Can't complain," he responded.

"Nice hair, Michael." Calum smiled at his friend, referring to his white hair that had a black streak down the middle.

"Thanks, man. I needed a change." Calum chuckled at Michael, who had said the same thing two weeks prior when he had dyed his head pink, and before that, blue. Michael just couldn't ever stick to a color, and he was known to change it every few weeks. In fact, it was so often, Calum and Luke had even been placing bets on what color it'll be next. Luke turned to Calum and smirked.