Too Good To Be True

A/N: Hey guys! IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN LIKE THREE WEEKS.

I had wanted to update sooner, but I never got around to it! And I sort of had some writers block. I'm sooooo sorry!!

I know this is a short update, but I felt really bad for leaving you with nothing, so I hope this isn't too bad.

Anyways, please comment or whatever, I really really really loovee feedback! Tell me if you like this, tell me what you think I should improve on! And can someone tell me if you think it's going too fast? I feel like it might be, but the authors perspective is different than the readers, so I can't be sure. Anyways, comment, or vote if you liked it! Make good choices peeps. Enjoy!

_________________________________

First period seemed to fly by, which was unusual compared to Calum's long days, and before he knew it, he was in the back row of his English class.

Now aware of Ashton's existence, Calum made sure to keep his eyes open for him to walk through the door. As if on cue, the dimpled boy emerged through the door and spotted Calum, then smiled and walked over to him.

"This seat taken?" Ashton asked.

Calum had to hold back a bitter laugh, because who would want to sit next him? But instead his lips tugged up in a returning smile and he politely shook his head.

Ashton sat down in the desk to Calum's left and took out his binder. He turned to Calum and grinned.

Before Ashton could say anything, though, the teacher walked in.

Mr. Whitmore was the classic looking teacher. Tall, lanky, bald spot on his graying head with a button up and some khakis. He topped off the look with thick black nerdy glasses and a necktie.

But despite his boring look, he was probably Calum's favorite teacher. He was a very spontaneous man, and he had great teaching abilities, and personally, Calum felt he was the only teacher who actually cared if his students passed or not.

"Good morning, class! We have a new project that we're starting today. We'll be doing this with partners. And before you ask," he added when a girl shot up her hand, "Yes, you may choose your own partners. But let me explain the project before you start ogling your friend from across the room."

A few kids chuckled, and he continued.

"I don't think we've really gotten to know each other in this class, don't you all agree?" There were a few nods. "So for this assignment, I want you and your partner to simply spend time with each other, hang out, make friends. Then, write about all of the things you've learned about that person. That could be random facts, their personality, something you enjoy about them, you could even put something you dislike about them, as long as it's not inappropriate and it's respectful. We're all friends, right?" When no one said anything, he gave the students a pointed look before they all chorused back, though not very enthusiastic, "Right."

"Good! This project is due before winter break, about a month and a half. It may sound simple, but it's about thirty percent of your semester grade in English, so take it seriously. Now spend this class period finding a partner, then chat awhile. Use it wisely, I'm not going to let you sit and talk everyday. Now get to work!"

Calum suddenly felt panicked as he wondered who would be his partner. Would he have to ask the teacher to assign him one? That would be horrible, and pretty pathetic. Calum snapped out of his thoughts when he felt a small tap on his shoulder.

"Would you like to work together?" Ashton asked, and Calum just stared at him as if he had two heads.

"Or not... I mean, we don't have to if you don't want," Ashton said, suddenly feeling unsure of himself.