His Butler, Sneering (part 1)

~~Claire's POV~~

Thinking back on that last attempt now, I was grateful that I had been stopped. If I had succeeded, I would've taken more than just my own life and future. I also would've been the cause of great sorrow for those who cared about me. And for what? It wasn't like I would've forgotten anything once I died and it wasn't like I would've seen Ciel again either. In a sense, my sorrow wouldn't have ended, so why cause more people sorrow?

I looked down at the growing bump on my abdomen and placed one of my hands on top of it. I wasn't very comfortable. Tiny feet were wedged in places tiny feet should never be wedged, but I couldn't complain. Well, I could, but it wouldn't get me anywhere. Life was being formed within me and nothing would change that, aside from killing and I didn't want to do that. This pregnancy was one of the last few things I had left to remember Ciel. It was a way for him to live on in a way.

I smiled a little down at the bump as the carriage continued to move. As I processed the movement, I was brought back to reality that I was leaving a successful interview. I would be starting a new job soon now. Honestly, I was concerned. The boy I would be working for, Alois Trancy, seemed sadistic and bipolar. Even if I wasn't on his bad side, work could still be a living hell. I also worried for the precious cargo I was holding. Would this job put it in danger? I had no idea, but it was true that I still needed the distraction, whether I liked it or not. And while part of me was worried, part of me was excited to start working again.

.
.
.
.
.
.

~~Third Person POV~~

"Temp worker Grell Sutcliff", one of the three men Grell was before said.

"Yes?", he asked.

"We release you from confinement as of midnight today", the man replied. "See that you mend your attitude towards your job so that you don't break regulations again, and apply yourself even more to your work." Grell bowed in gratitude before leaving the room.

Once the door was closed behind him, he shook as if he was going to cry before his lips twisted into a psychotic smile and the sounds that escaped him became clear laughs. He retrieved his death scythe immediately and started it.

"I'm back!", he declared. His enthusiasm stayed with him as he went to the mortal world. Once there, his psychotic laugh seemed to echo all across London in the late night as he waved his death scythe around from the top of Big Ben.

"Senior Surcliff, you're really keyed up", another, younger, reaper said from beside Grell as he watched.

"Obviously!", Grell said. "They made me clean and do chores for my whole confinement. Do you realize how I've longed for this day?!" He held his death scythe tight. "Oh, it feels so good back in my hands! This is really the best death scythe."

"It wasn't easy getting you permission to use that, you know", the other reaper said. "Seriously, if I hadn't asked that girl in General Affairs–"

"I know, you don't have to harp on it", Grell cut in. "I'll pay you back in hard work. Besides, this mission is special." Grell leaned forward to emphasize his point. The other reaper looked at him blankly before Grell pulled his death scythe away and licked his lips. "This should be a fun night. I'm coming, my darling Sebas-chan!" Grell jumped from the edge of Big Ben and laughed maniacally as he fell, his laugh echoing across London once again as he jumped from rooftop to rooftop.

Meanwhile, at the Phantomhive manor, Lizzie was still insisting on helping while the servants tried to keep her busy and Hogo and the others were working.

The eight of them had their charms set out on a table and Kireina came back with Claire's charm. The others silently watched while Hogo strategically placed the charms together like puzzle pieces. Once they were all put together to form a multicolored mystic sign, Hogo stood back and mumbled a chant the others couldn't quite understand and the sign began to glow faintly before increasing in brightness to the point that they had to cover their eyes.