Chapter 3 Getting Settled

Katherine's P.O.V.

"This is really not cool," I muttered to myself.

After a week in Manhattan, getting rid of the evidence that I was there and having some fun partying at clubs, I received an email for another mission. Guess where there sending me to, London. YAY!! *note the sarcasm* It wouldn't be a problem if it was a regular mission but no, I'm going to be a maid. I really can't believe this. The mission is to protect the Knight family which consists of 5 people: a mother, a father, a twenty-two year old man, a sixteen year old boy, and their four year old daughter.

Apparently, they're a part of funding the agency. It must be important if they specifically asked me, it's obvious they have enemies but why put me as a maid? Anyway, they already had a room set up for me with everything so I just needed to get on the agency's private jet; which leaves in an hour. I've always wanted to see London, I thought as I started to get ready.

*HOURS LATER*

I found myself standing at the front door of the Knight's mansion. It had a big drive way with a fountain in the middle, a lovely garden on the left that looked like a park, and a maze on the right side.

"Wow, talk about jaw dropping," I mumbled.

I didn't realize how long I was gaping until the door opened. A man wearing a suit stood there, anyone would have guessed he was a butler. 

"Good afternoon, you must be Cassandra Parks our new maid?" he asked.

"Yes that's me," I said in a fake cheerful tone.

Only Mr. and Mrs. Knight knew my real name. The only way anyone else would find out is if it was an extremely important situation.

"Please do come in," he said politely and moved aside so I could pass.

"My name is Lester and I am the butler. Welcome to the Knight's residence," Lester said warmly.

"Pleased to meet your acquaintance Lester and thank you," I replied with a

small smile.

"The family is not here at the moment, they will be back in the morning. How about a tour of the mansion so you don't get lost and then you can get settled?" Lester asked.

"That would be nice, thank you," I replied.

I didn't get time to read the files about the family and mansion, I just briefly went over it. I'll do it later, I thought.

I think I'm going to get along with Lester, he seems nice with a bald-head and a huge belly. He showed me the whole house which included a grand total of: ten bedrooms, eleven bathrooms, a huge kitchen, a sun room, a giant living room, a gym, a library room, and a medium sized office. The main walls were painted white but the bedrooms were painted in different colors.

Overall it was beautiful, and the family photos were lovely. One, in particular, caught my eye that looked to have been taken recently at the beach. Mr. and Mrs. Knight stared lovingly at their daughter, who looked to be giggling uncontrollably at been buried in the sand by her brothers. I couldn't see much of their appearances, but I could imagine the wide grin on their faces and the joy of having fun with one another. Something I wish I had, I thought sadly.

Taking my mind off that, I went to check out my room which is on the first floor of eight. My room is painted different shades of green and with a connected bathroom, a walk in closet, and another room that is kept secret with all my guns and knives. The secret room also led to the office, satisfied with my room I went about exploring an discovering the mansion.

I was currently sitting down in the staff kitchen with Chef Linda. This small homey kitchen is where all the live-in staff members make their food. The live-in staff consists of two other maids I have not met, Linda, Lester, and now me. Linda is really sweet, she's a French-American in her 40s with shoulder length brown hair, warm hazel eyes, pale skin and a nice figure. We got along well and she made the best chicken casserole for dinner.

"Crap," I mumbled.

I didn't realize all the exploring and discovering took the whole day, adn was surprise to see darkness outside. I looked at my watch to see it was 7 pm, I forgot the time zone was different. After eating dinner, I bid goodnight to Lester and Linda then went to my room to read the files on the family. There's not much information just a brief description and pictures:

Father: David Richard Knight owns a couple companies that deals with hotel industries. Age 46, 5'11" with dark brown hair, tan skin, piercing brown eyes, and has a sturdy figure for his age.

Mother: Eleanor Simone Knight is a fashion designer and model as well. Age 43, 5'7" with dirty blond hair, olive skin, warm pale green eyes, and has curves in the right places.

Eldest son: Dominic Tyler Knight, age 22 6', the CEO of his father companies. He has dirty blond hair, tan skin, dark brown almost black eyes, with a toned muscular body.

Second son: Eric D'Angelo Knight, a genius bookworm, who is currently finishing up his business degree at Central College. At the ripe age of sixteen, he has dark brown hair, fair skin, sharp green eyes, 5'8" with a lithe and slightly muscular body.

Daughter: Krista Anna-Marie Knight is a toddler, at the tender age of four, she loves to play princess and have tea parties. She has blond hair, olive skin, murky green eyes, and an adorable height of three feet tall.

I went over the pictures and found myself in a trance with Dominic's picture. I had to admit, he's one handsome, hot, sexy piece of meat and looked really confident about it. Tearing my eyes away, I shoved the pictures back into the file, stuffed them back into the briefcase, then locked it with a code and pushed it under my bed.

I had this feeling in my gut that tomorrow was gonna be one heck of a day. With that in mind I took a much needed shower and brush my teeth. Once I pulled on my pjs, I just collapsed on my bed with a sigh. Getting under the covers, I looked around my room once more out of habit and checked if my gun was under my pillow. Satisfied that there was no danger I got comfortable and closed my eyes, slowly falling asleep.

Note: This is just a filler chapter, I think it's a little boring an I tried my best to be descriptive I am not good at it so don't hate me....... I will do my best for the next chapter it's going to get interesting........ OH an I wrote this chapter 8 times it keeps deleting whatever draft I save so I was a little frustrated........ OH an I would like to say thank you to cutyangelpixy an shufflebawt you guys are AWSOME!!!!! :).

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Trishanna :)

Edited by deviantminx