Chapter 5: Dog poo and Nando's

Caspar's POV:

Ugh

I thought as I picked up the dog shit on the ground in front of me.

It's been a week and a half since we moved from South Africa and I'm picking up dog poo.

Why did I offer to do this again?
Oh, right. Joe.

Yesterday while Joe and I were walking to the shop to get something for dinner with Zoe, an old lady came up to us. She asked if we would be able to walk her dog once a week for £20 per walk. I want Joe to think I'm a nice guy so he will go out with me so I said I would do it for free. I forgot about all the other sides of walking a dog though.

Gross

I have to walk the dog for thirty minutes every Tuesday. I've got five minutes left for today so I was walking down the lady's street of whom I don't know the name, and the small golden retriever I was walking decided to take a big dump.

"This is for you, Joe." I whispered as I bent down with the bag around my hand and picked up the big, warm poo.

As soon as I tied the bag off at the end I threw it into the nearest bin.

That was so gross.

When I was younger I always wanted a dog, but now I'm not too sure. I do still want one but I'm thinking a smaller dog. One where the poo isn't as big as my hand.

Anyway, I stated to walk down the street until I got to the little old lady's home.

"Hello!" She answered the door after I had knocked.

"Hey, just returning this little one." I said trying not to giveaway the fact that I don't know either her nor the dogs name with a smile.

"Great!" She chirped, "how much did I say I would pay you?" She asked, obviously forgetting that I said I would do it for free.

"Oh, I said I would do it for free." I said waving my hand over the matter.

"Really? Are you sure? Here have £20." She said, pulling a £20 note out of her purse that I didn't realise she had in her hand until now.

"No, no. I don't want any money thank you. I'll see you next week when I come to pick the dog up."

"Oh, okay. Bye Caspar!" She said as she shut the front door.

I started walking off her property and back home. The walk wasn't too long so I was home in about 10 minutes.

"I'm home!" I called as I stepped in through the door.

"Joe came over earlier, he wanted to know if we wanted to have dinner with them again tomorrow. I said yes." Theo called from the lounge room.

"Okay." I said as I walked in the lounge room and collapsed on the armchair across from my sister.

Theo was on her phone and obviously didn't want to talk to me as she said nothing else and went back to scrolling through her Twitter.

I pulled my phone out from my pocket and checked the time.

12.32pm

I wonder if Joe has had lunch yet. I decided to call him to see if he wanted to get a cheeky Nando's for lunch with me.

You go Caspar, only been here for 10 days and your already picking up the British slang.