Chapter 9

We turn the corner towards a set of bungalows.
Inside no. 4 is Bracken and this time we will get him.

I jump out my car and walk towards the house with Espo and Ryan following suit.
I pull my gun out as I knock on the small wooden door but there was no answer. I knocked on it again but harder this time.
Still no answer.
I kick the door down and walk into the house with my gun ready to fire.
I walk towards the living room to find nothing out of the ordinary. It looked like a typical family home with a TV and a set of couches.
"Clear! " I shout as I walk slowly towards the kitchen but as I enter I again see a another ordinary room.
"Where is he?" I wonder.
Just then i hear a rustle from outside.
"Gotcha" i think to myself.
"Ryan, Espo, he's outside!" i shout as i run out the back door towards the little garden.
I scan the garden but can't see anything out of the ordinary.
It's just a bunch of bushes and a little shed.
"Oh yeah, shed" I remind myself.
I quietly walk towards the shed to find the door slightly agar. I open it to find a bunch of cupboards with tools scattered around the place. I start to open all the cupboards. The last one was the biggest. It was just big enough for a person to squeeze inside but it looked unstable. I leant a bit on the worktop above which caused it to creak.
Then a second later, the whole thing collapsed and inside the rubble of it i find a person.
Bracken.
"I've got you now" i tell him as i grab him by the arm and pull him up onto his feet.
"Urg" he says.
"I've got just the place for you" i tell him, "High max prison or worse".

Ryan's POV

A loud crashing sound comes from out in the garden so i go to check it out. As i walk to the back door, i see Espo also there.
"Hey do you know where the sound came from?" He asks.
"No idea" i reply.
We step out into the garden and look around to find nothing but bushes and a shed.
"Beckett where are you!" I shout.
"In here!" i hear her voice say but can't tell where it is coming from.
Then i see her coming out of the shed with Bracken handcuffed next to her.
"Look what i found in the shed" she chuckles.
"That's weird, you don't normally find serial killers in the shed" Espo replies.
This causes all of us to laugh, well except Bracken of course but he probably doesn't even know how to laugh.