Chapter 17

A few hours after I get home, Nathan arrives as I'm sat watching TV, wrapped up in a blanket with a tub of ice cream and tissues.

"Kate?" He questions as I sniff a little and wipe my eyes, continuing to watch whatever was on TV.
"Go away, Nathan. You're gonna choose the breakup plan because you're career is so important to you." I say as he sighs.
"Kate..." He trails off.
"NO! Nathan! Your job is more important than your relationship so, I suggest you go..."I say as he just walks upstairs.

I get back to watching TV before the news comes on.

"To start off we have footage of Katelyn Barnes running out of the studios today crying with rumours of her quitting her career for a second time this year . We have her manager here to say a few words." The reporter says as Rachael comes on.
"Katelyn has said that this is the second and final time shell be quitting. We really want her to come back but, her decision is final." She says.
"Is there a reason why Katelyn left? Anything specific?" The reporter asks as Rachael starts to look guilty and dissapointed.
"Katelyn, if you're watching this, I'm sorry. We're sorry. We know how much Nathan means to you and how much you mean to him. You love each other so much. Its clear that you do and it was wrong of the management and myself to give you a choice between your career and your relationship. You don't have to make that choice anymore. You deserve to be happy and so does Nathan and if you're not happy then its my fault. We need you here Kate. Your fans need you and so does Nathan. We're truly sorry." Rachael says before it focuses on the reporter again.
"Well there you have it. Katelyn Barnes has quit but, do you think shell return to the music industry? We'll keep you updated. Back to the studio with Jennifer and Dave."

I switch the TV off as the tears stream down my face.

"You know, Rachael's right?" I hear Nathan's voice as I keep facing the blank TV.
"I'm sorry." I whisper before sniffing and bursting into tears, my sobs loud and heavy as I feel Nathan embrace me with warmth and love.
"Its okay. Don't cry baby. I love you and I would choose you over my career anyday." He says as I grip onto him and cry into his chest.
"But I quit and now I feel like a coward because the whole world knows." I cry as he sits me on his knee and rocks us both back and forth, letting me soak his shirt in my tears.

We sit there for a while as I eventually stop crying and just cuddle into Nathan's damp chest, still gripping onto him. He keeps rocking us before kissing my head as I pull out of the hug.

"Sorry about the shirt." I say as he chuckles lightly.
"I have more than one shirt, Katelyn." He says as I get up off him as he pulls his shirt off over his head and drops it as I focus on him and poke his belly button.

He bursts into laughter as a smile forms on my face before Nathan kisses me softly.

"You see, your naturally weird and that's what I love about you." He says as I smile before kissing him again.

He picks his shirt up and throws it into the washing machine before kissing me and picking me up, placing me on the counter top, connecting our lips again.

My arms go round his neck and stroke the top of his back softly as he shivers and places his hands on both of my cheeks, moving them to tangle in my hair as I smile into the kiss.

"Kate!" I hear my little sister shout as I look at her over Nathan's shoulder.
"What's up?" I ask as she frowns are me.
"I want my cookies please. There behind you." She says as I give them to her before she leaves.
"Where were we?" Nathan asks as I connect our lips once again.

He slowly pulls away andnlooks deep into my eyes. His beautiful green eyes staring down into my brown ones made me smile and my heart melt.

He was cute but, at times like these, caring, concerned and very, extremely, sexy and horny.

Just by looking into his eyes, you could tell what he was thinking and what he wanted.

"I love you." He says as I smile.
"And I love you."