Chapter 13

*Mikaylas POV*

I walk into the hospital room and I look at him.. I gasp because I see all the tubes and wires attached to his body, Its a horrific sight.. I almost can't look at him. I go over and sit in the chair next to his bed and take his hand in mine. Tears fill my eyes as I stare down at him. 

"Please wake up... I need you," I say in a low whisper. I stay in the hospital all day Until the nurse comes in.

"Sweetie, visiting hours are over," The nurse states.

"I know but he's my husband I need to be with him," I say weakly.

"Yes, I see but you also need to go home and rest, it isn't good for your baby if you're stressed or upset."

I didn't want to go home but I knew I had to so I went home and crawled into bed. I didn't like to sleep alone.. it's cold and lonely I miss having someone to cuddle. Him being away for so long has made me open my eyes a bit to whats important, I mean of course I already knew, but it made me realize the dangers and all the careless people in this world that just, don't care. 

Then, I get the phone call.. The phone starts ringing I read the ID and my heart starts to pound, I immediately answer the phone. "Hello, I'm calling in regards of Jacob Burke. Somewhere during the night some internal bleeding in the lower abdomen started and we have to take him into surgery, if you can please come down to the hospital so we could explain it further?" These words the doctor was saying was heartbreaking.

After a few moments I realize I have to say something. "Uh, Yeah sure," I croak out. "I'll be there as fast as I can," After I hang up the phone I go change grab my keys and drive to the hospital.

I get to the hospital and I find my way to the 2nd floor where Jacobs room was at. This Hospital was a fairly good hospital it wasn't dirty, It was very clean and the walls were white with a single red stripe on them in the middle but not really more like waist height for me. The on the floors there were tiles with little spots on them like red and blue and other colors. It was simple really, yet satisfying in some way. The chairs were very uncomfortable, they had very think padding as if they've been used for years and not replaced.

I look around trying to keep myself busy, twittling my thumbs, absentmindedly messing with my ring, Until finally a doctor in scrubs comes out. "Mrs.Burke?" He says pulling me out of thought.

I stand up almost as soon as my name was called. "Is he alright?" I ask hoping that he was alright.

"Your husband is alright he's still in his coma like state but we predict that he should be waking up in the next few hours or days." He says with a reassuring smile. I immediately feel better. 

I'm so glad my Husband was going to be alright.