Chapter 14

**Mikaylas POV**

I sit at Jacobs side for the next few hours. I lay my head down for what seems like 5 minutes and I guess I fell asleep. because four hours later, I suddenly feel his hand move. I shoot up and watch his eyes slowly open. My heartbeat quickens, He looks around and his hands closes around mine. I cry, not because I'm sad but because I'm happy, I'm so happy my husband has finally awoken and I can feel his love and affection. The nurse notices and walks in, then he looks at me and he smiles that amazing smile.

I hug him, I would've jumped on him but I didn't want to hurt him, so I hug him gently. When we pull away he takes his free hand and he puts it on my chin and then kisses me gently, I missed this so much. Even though his lips were chapped it was still so amazing, and it was just what I needed. The nurse asks me to leave so they can run some tests which I don't argue because I'm in such an amazing mood.

I wait in the waiting room for the nurse to call me back in. I'm out of the room for about thirty minutes when the nurse comes out and says shes done, so I get up and practically skip into the hospital room. I get in the room and Jacob instantly smiles which makes me smile. "How's my babies?" He says with a raspy voice.

"They're good, they've been kicking a lot lately" I chirp.

Jacob opens the hospital blanket implying that he wants me to get in, which I don't complain because I missed him so much, so I happily sit in the bed with him. when we get situated in the bed he places his hand on my very large stomach. "How much longer?" He asks with a complex look on his face.

I start counting in my head how much longer we have and it hits me, We have a month left, Jacobs still in the hospital, we haven't even started with the baby room yet and I mentally start freaking out, but on the outside I try and remain calm. "We have about a month until these babies pop out of the oven," I say Jokingly.

He laughs and then he looks at me, he notices a stray piece of hair that fell out of my messy bun and he brushes it out of my face and puts it behind my ear. "I'm able to leave soon, Wednesday at the latest, as soon as I'm out we can start on the baby-room okay?" He says with a determined look on his face.

I instantly smile at the way he looks when hes determined. I nod in reply and lay my head on his chest. soon we both drift to sleep, letting our minds wander and worry about our future later, because right now is what I've been wanting for the last month and I'm going to make the most of it.