A Familiar Forest

"April!" I call out to the brown haired girl I see across the street. I have to give her back her papers. The girl doesn't seem to hear me and she's about to make a turn. This is my only chance, I sprint across the busy street. A million cars rush by me, half of them almost killing me.
When I finally get to the other side, I'm all out of breath and the girl is no where to be seen. "April ?" I call out weakly, defeat in my voice. I feel two taps on my back, I expect it to be some annoying little kid, or an attention-seeking grandma, but, it turns out to be the girl I was looking for. "Yes!" I breathe a sigh of relief. "I think you're going to need these" I tell April as I hand her back her notes. "Thanks" she answers back as she takes them. The girl turns to walk away, and so do I.
As I'm walking home I notice a boy I know from school. He's walking ever so slowly, because he's blind, of course. His name is Elliot. "Hey" I mumble as I walk by him, even though he never really answers me. "Peter, right?" the boy suddenly speaks, catching me off guard. "Err....um....yeah" I stumble over my words. With a quick nod of the head, Elliot returns to walking, his white cane stretched out in front of him.
     I take my time walking back home, I'm already late anyways. I'm about halfway there when I feel my phone vibrate. It's Jackson, he says that we should meet at The Thrift. I think over my options in my head, then I turn around and walk toward The Thrift, knowing that I'll regret my decision later.

~*~*~*~

     "Finally!" I hear Jackson sigh as I walk into the small thrift shop. When I look around I realize that no one's there. "Where's everyone?" I ask him. "They're already waiting for us. Derrick found a really cool place. Come on!" Jackson says as he walks out of the store.

~*~*~*~

Jackson leads me to a forest that seems familiar but, I don't remember where I've seen it. I put the thought out of my mind as we walk through the big trees. "Haha! You made it!" I turn to see Derrick with a mock smile on his face. The rest of the crew walks up behind him, and that's when I see the shiny knife in his hand.