Breathless Pt 1

It had been almost 3 weeks since I broke down to Danny and then he told Ben. Which I had been regretting ever since, because now Danny had joined Cameron in 'mission overprotect Skylar' and Ben had become extremely cautious around me, like I was fragile. But as usual, Sam and James were completely oblivious to the whole situation. They knew nothing about my past and they didn't suspect a thing about Ben and I's relationship that was currently buckling under the pressure of the being kept secret. And with there still being another 2 months of your left and Ben's already numerous close calls of cheating... I was highly doubtful of our relationship lasting any longer. But I honestly had no idea that my doubts would be confirmed this quickly....

"Skylar! Finally decided to come out of your bat cave?" Cameron laughed as I came off the bus approached the group of men smoking.

"Shut up Liddell" I grunted and sat down on the grass next to him, not in the mood for his teasing.

"Ah so your the famous Skylar Hendowski, Cameron doesn't shut up about" a familiar voice floated through the air but the source was unknown.

I opened my eyes and inspected the group of men, not all of them were smoking and in fact, Cameron, James and Sam were the only ones in the group that I actually knew, I had seen the other 5 men before but had no idea who they were.

"Uhmm... Sorry. But who are you?"

Cameron chuckled from beside me as he slung his arm over my shoulders, casually but protectively.

"Sky, this" he gestures to the 5 strangers "is Of Mice & Men"

My mouth fell into an 'o' shape as I realised that the men from one of my favourite bands, say in front of me. Everyone laughed at my expression. Yes I knew Of Mice & Men, but only by their songs, not their names... Until now.

"Oh uh, sorry. Hi" I smiled shyly as I found myself sinking into Cameron's side out of embarrassment.

"All good love, it's good to find true fans of the music we make, instead of just the band for what we look like, every once in a while" the one with the most tattoos extended his hand towards me "I'm Austin, I do the screaming thing"

Austin, had a firm but safe grip as I shook his hand and his gentle smile was comforting. I admired his ink through the cover of my sunglasses as I shrunk back into Cameron. The rest of the group introduced themselves.

Alan, the ginger, played guitar. He also had some ink, not as much as Austin though. Aaron played guitar as well as doing the soft vocals. he was really sweet, and I could see myself becoming close with him. Tino played the drums. He had long hair an was quite the joker. And Phil was the lead guitarist. He also had long hair but seemed a little more reserved compared to his band members.

"Mice are joining us for the rest of the tour since We Came As Romans are supporting Avenged Sevenfold" Cameron informed me, but I barely nodded in response too deep in conversation with Austin and James about the meaning behind our ink.

The conversation within the group changed from tattoos and piercings, to favourite things, to random shit over the course of an hour or so. I got to know Of Mice & Men really well, and felt quite comfortable around them. As the boys started to talk about some details for the rest of the tour that didn't concern me, I tuned out and let my mind wander to Ben, who I hadn't seen since last night.

"Bus call in 5!" One of the managers shouted out from across the parking lot.

Myself, along with Austin, Aaron and Phil headed back to our buses whilst the rest of the boys finished off their smokes. I said a short goodbye to the three, my mind to distracted by Ben, before I made my way into the bus. Imminently I saw Ben's phone, smokes and wallet on the table and knew he was in the bus as he never left without either one. And that's when I heard it.

"Oh fuck! Yes!"

My body stiffened and my heart stopped as the feminine moan floated through the bus.

"No it's just Danny and some whore" I thought to myself. "There's no way Ben would cheat on me, not after what Danny told him"

Even though I told myself it wasn't Ben, I couldn't just leave if. I had to too see for myself. I had to settle my mind. I had to see Danny in there for me to believe it. The moans grew louder as I made my way down the bus to the back room, I could now hear the James and Sam entering the his as well.

I held my breathe as I opened the door.