Chapter 12: Death

Flame huddled closer to Night. The wind howled out side the cave. The snow fell in big clumps and made the kits let out loud excited chatters. She heard Fur's little meow "why is Sand So cold mommy?!" She suddenly heard a shriek. She ran over to were the kits were. She saw Grey crying over Sand while the kits stood back with horrified faces.

Flame woke Night up and she told him to hold the kits. She then went and comforted Grey. "I should've died instead!" The mother cried. Flame sighed "no, all your other kits still need you." This made her sob a bit quieter, bit still she woke up some other cats.They all came around her saying sorry and that they would miss her kit. Branch came over and lead the three kits away from their grieving mother. Grey eventually curled up in her nest. Eye comforted her and told the other cats to ship.

Flame turned and went to cheer up the kits. They tried to play with them and they even told them some stories of when they where kits. They even taught them the Sharptooth game. After a while the kits got tired and Branch came back over to them.-. "Thank-you" she said. Then she lead them over to their mother who licked their heads then fell asleep. Night and Flame both padded over to their own nest. They whisperd for a minute, but eventually stopped when they got too tired.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------