Chasing A Dream

-Chapter 1-

"Amelia Watson" the speaker called.

The girl I was sitting next to stood up to walk into the audition room. Her mom followed close behind.

"Good luck!" I called after her. She turned and gave me a small smile before disappearing into the room.

I looked down at my cold read and started going over the lines. Even though it wasn't really necessary. I've had it to practice for 4 hours. It was so memorized you couldn't even call it a cold read anymore. As I went over my lines for the umpteenth time, my mom slept in the chair across from me. Because I'm only 14, I need a parent to be with me during the audition so if I do get the part, she can sign the papers and stuff.

After going over my cold read one more time, I put my headphones in and started listening to my audition song. I quietly sang along not to interrupt Amelia's audition or worse, wake my mom up.

-Jakes POV-

I sat in the hotel room waiting for auditions to be over so my mom could get us dinner. She's one of the casting directors for the special episode of Jessie+AntFarm mixed together. She made a big deal about it because the actress they chose would have to star on both shows a lot and I would have to be in love with her.

I got in the elevator thinking the auditions had to be over because it was 1 am already. My mom was probably at the hotel bar having a couple drinks with the other casting directors in celebration of finally finding someone to fit the part. At this point I didn't care who it was, I just wanted dinner.

When I checked the bar and my mom wasn't there, I went down to the conference room where the audition was being held. As I walked through the door leading to the lobby outside the conference room I immediately stepped back out. Sitting there in a Green Day tshirt and high waisted black shorts was the most beautiful girl I've seen in my life. She was singing along to 'She Will Be Loved' by Maroon Five.

She looked up and saw me standing in the door way. She smiled up at me and oh my god. Her smile was so beautiful! I was speechless.

"Sorry. I didn't see you there" she laughed, taking out her earbuds.

"Umm I...I thought auditions were over." I managed to get out. God I'm such an idiot.

She laughed. "Almost, I'm the last one to go."

"Oh. Hahah. Last name probs?" I joked. Eww what was wrong with me.

She laughed "Yeah. I'm usually last. With the last name being Weston and all. I'm Ashley by the way. Ashley Weston." She said extending her hand.

"Jake. Jake Short." I said taking it. Her hands were so soft, and a little sweaty. "Nervous huh?"

Her face turned red. She took her hand and wiped it vigorously on her legs. "You can tell huh?"

I laughed. "Only a little. But you have nothing to worry about. It's just another audition. And I like you, so you have that going for you."

She blushed. Then her smile disappeared "But what if they don't." She said looking at the ground, gesturing toward the audition room on the word "they".

I couldn't help but laugh. Was she really so insecure that she couldn't see her pure beauty and bold talent. I took hold of her chin and lifted it so she would look me in the eyes. "They're going to love you." I said with a smile.

She opened her mouth to say something but at that moment a tall blonde girl came out of the audition room crying. Her mascara running all down her face. She looked up at us and instantaneously wiped away her tears and running mascara and screamed, "YOU'RE JAKE SHORT!!!" Oh yay. Another crazy fan. The speaker called Ashley's name as the blonde haired girl ran up to me asking for a picture and autograph.

Ashley got up and started walking to the audition room. "Ashley!" I called after her, "Good luck!" She turned and smiled. Then she walked into the audition room.