Chasing A Dream

~Chapter 8~

-Ashley's POV-

I woke up to the LA sunshine shining in my face. I sat up and looked to Lizzie, fast asleep on my right. I smiled and carefully and quietly slipped out of bed. I crept to the other side of the room, touched the wall, then ran and jumped on the bed. That woke her up. She shot up and looked around the room. I laughed as she pushed me off the bed. I stood up and sat on the bed with my legs crossed. I picked up a pillow and hit Lizzie with it. We had I major pillow fight and we jumped around on the beds and laughed and screamed. The phone started ringing so I picked up, only to hear angry neighbors on the other line, complaining about the ruckus we were making. I quickly apologized and hung up the phone. "What was that all about?" Lizzie asked. "Oh, nothing really. Just people in the room below us complaining." I said nonchalantly. We probably laughed about this for 10 minutes before finally settling down. "So," I started, "did you enjoy yourself last night?" I asked. "Are you kidding?! That was the best night of my life!" She replied. "Good! I'm really sorry that you didn't spend very much time with Jake. It's just, it was our date and I wanted to have you come and so I didn't want to ditch him and yeah.. I'm sorry." I felt really bad about it. "Dude, don't sweat it. I mean, yeah, Jake is cuter than Bradley, but Bradley was so sweet and fun. I had a really nice time." She said. "I promise you Lizzard, I will get you with Jake. Eventually..." I trailed off. "Ashley, it's fine. For now at least." Lizzard said laughing at my loserness. "Well, I had a lot of fun last night. And we definitely need to do something with the boys again." I said hopefully. I will get Jake and Lizzie together. I made a promise to myself and to her that I would. We spent the rest of the morning eating left over junk from last night and looking at the millions of photo booth pictures from the night before.

-Cameron's POV-

Last night was terrible. I had to go to my aunts house in San Francisco for my cousins birthday party. My mom took away my phone because she knew I would just text Ashley the whole time. I had no contact with her, so I was determined to hang out today. I picked up my phone and texted her.

"Hey, do you wanna hang out today?" I asked. I hope she couldn't see how desperate I was.

"Uhm yeah sure! What do you wanna do?" She responded. Uh oh, she seemed iffy about it. I hope I haven't chased her away already.

"Are you sure? I mean, we don't have to if you're already busy." I didn't want her to think I was trying to force her.

"Oh no! It's fine. It's just my friend is here but it's cool, I've arranged other plans for them." Now I felt bad. Yep. I felt like the worlds biggest jerk.

"I'm so sorry! You hang out with her. Or him? Idk, just don't worry about it." I responded. I really hope it's not a boy. Or a boyfriend. If its a boy, he better be gay.

"Hahah seriously Cameron, it's fine. She'll spend the day with Jake. She's in love with him anyway." Oh thank god.

"Haha okay. I have an idea. Be in your pajamas. I'll be there at 4." I said. I had the perfect date planned for us. Having to only share a hotel room with my dad was the best. He was gone all day going bike riding. So we'd have the room all to ourselves. I called room service and asked for a bunch of extra pillows and blankets. They brought them without question. Okay, it was 2 o'clock so I had two hours to take a shower and build a fort. I was so proud of my idea. I put on some clothes and ran to the movie store down the street to get movies, popcorn, and candy.

It took forever, but 4 o'clock finally came. I stood in front of the door to Ashley's room wearing my Mickey Mouse pajama pants and a white T-shirt. She opened the door and we laughed. She was wearing Minnie Mouse pajama pants and I white V-neck shirt. I saw a girl in the back and her mouth fell open. I thought she was going to start fangirling over me, but instead she said "Awh! Look! You guys are twinning!! Come over here guys! I wanna take a picture!!" Phew. I blushed as Ashley took my hand and pulled me into their room. We got together and I slipped my hand around Ashley's waist and she threw both her arms around my neck. I looked at her as she laughed. I heard the camera as her friend took the picture. She ran over and showed it to us. It was really cute actually. I stared at Ashley smiling while she was pressed up against me laughing. That was the most beautiful picture I've seen in my life. I took Ashley's hand and said goodbye to Ashley's friend. "Send me that picture Lizzie!" Ashley called at her friend, I'm guessing her name is Lizzie, as we left the room. "So, what do we have planned for this fine evening?" She asked me. "I was thinking Disney movie marathon?" I said with a smirk. "OH MY GOD CAMERON!! How did you know Disney movies were my favorite?" She asked. "Because you told me on our date the other night!" I said as if it were obvious. "I was actually listening when you told me." I added. She smiled really big and squeezed my hand. We made our way down the halls, hand in hand, to my room.