Shot Out

Ava's POV

My eyes shot opened as I tried to gasp for air.

Nightmare.

My head and heart were both pounding.

I couldn't calm my breathing.

I'm sorry..

Hiroki.

Mao.

Naoko.

Kaiya.

I should have saved you.

Diavel.

Corvartz.

All of you..

Your deaths are part my fault.

We all have the power to do something,

But sometimes,

Decide to do nothing.

Tears flowed out of me as I cried silently.

Why?..

Why does this still haunt me?..

Is SAO still against me?..

I let a quiet sob out.

Please..

Make it stop.

All the guilt,

It's killing me!

"Your fault..."

Author's POV

"These players who think it's all about their agility? Heh, man their living a dream!" The player XeXeeD scoffed as he flipped his hair away from his face.
"I mean sure, Firing speed and evasion are important, and time was if you rock those two things, it's all you needed to be the best. Till now that is.
Yeah hate to say it, but they don't work like that anymore. In fact, I got a message for the folks who spent the last eight months indoor boosting their AGI.
Sucks to be you, right?"

The crowd booed the player as he finished his statement.
Even the ones watching from the holograms at the bar were booing.
No one was happy.
He had guts to say that.

"Now that's a kind of comment we'd expect from the top player of Gun Gale Online! One of the most challenging VRMMO's!" The women moderator exclaimed as the crowd shouted.
"Talk about controversial.."

"Ah yes, but who knows if I'd be on MMO Stream again, so might as well stir things up." He smirked, giving out a grin to the crowd.

"Oh please. So you think you have a shot in the upcoming Bullet of Bullets?"

"Damn right honey. Heh, wouldn't be in it if I didn't think I could win."