Shot Out

Author's POV

"So, Death Gun was in Laughing Coffin and you guys fought them before?" Kurro asked both Kirito and Ava.

They had been talking for a while, getting to know everything they can about each other and Death Gun.

"Yeah, but we still don't know who his partner is. It could be another SAO survivor."

"Ava, Kirito." They both turned to Sinon, giving her their attention.

"I need to know something, it's about the people you killed. How did you get over what you did? How are you not affected by it?" Sinon was desperate for answers, anyone could easily tell.
"How are you so strong, how are you not controlled by it?!"

"Who said we were over it? Who said we're not controlled by it?" Ava huffed.

"It hasn't left us Sinon, last night, I had a nightmare of the four people I killed. Their words, their voices, everything. I don't think I'll ever forget them." Kirito mumbled, lowering his head.

"Then...what am I supposed to do? I-I!.." As Sinon started to panic, Kurro held her closer.

"I don't think we're supposed to forget them." Ava started, her hand on her knee as she spoke.
"There are things we're not supposed to forget. What it means to kill, the whole idea of taking someone's precious life away. Once we accept it, maybe then we can find some 'shelter'." Ava turned to Sinon.
"That's how I see it."

"Shelter.." Sinon replied.

How badly she wanted that.

She would feel it sometimes.

The warmth of her brother's hugs,

His smile,

His laugh.

She felt like he was the only one who could understand.

But...

When she was Kirito,

She felt...shelter.

-----TIME LAPSE-----

"It's hard to believe that Death Gun, under that mask, is a real person that just wants to kill." Kurro mumbled.

"Even in SAO.."

"Maybe he misses PKing." Kurro added.

"Na, there's more to it than that." Kirito spoke.
"He killed those two GGO players in front of witness, in public. The same thing will Pale Rider. He always picks times when he has the biggest audience..."

"That sign of the cross that he made, I bet he does it to freak every out. He wants you to believe that he has the power to kill you within the game. But it's all a show!" Ava knew it had to be all a show, killing someone in a game was unrealistic.

"Than how did he kill those players?" Sinon questioned.

"It's not cause of brain damage like the NerveGear, their deaths were due to heart failure." Ava hummed.