Chapter 2

~~

I was wearing my favorite pastel pink sweater with a black skirt, black tights, and black boots. I had an old black backpack on my back that my dad said was only temporary until we could go out and I could pick out my own.

"Come on, Gee, let's go," Mikey said.

I grabbed Dee and opened the door, looking at Mikey in front of me.

"Oh, Gee, you can't bring her with you to school," Mikey muttered.

"B-but my Mama gave her to me," I said, hugging her.

"Gee--"

"Pwease?" I begged.

He sighed and nodded his head.

"Yeah, okay, fine," he said. "Let's go."

The two of us drove to school together. I still was scared a little by the car, it was so weird and loud. I walked into the big building nervously, holding onto Mikey's hand. Whenever I got scared, I always held onto my Mama's hand. This wasn't the actual beginning of the day, they let us come in two hours late.

"This way," Mikey said, leading me towards an office.

He talked to the lady at the desk.

"The principal is on a phone call right now, she'll be out in a moment," he said.

We sat down and I looked around nervously.

"Do they give these tests to all the new students?" I asked.

"No, you're just a special situation," Mikey said.

The burst open and i jumped in fright.

"Oh, Miss, I feel sick, I think I'm gonna faint," some boy said dramatically.

"Sit down, Mr. Iero," the lady at the desk said without even looking up.

The boy snickered as he sat down in the chair behind me. I stared at him, more specifically his arms. They were covered in markers. I frowned, running my finger over his arm and he jerked away in shock.

"What ya doing there, buddy?" He asked.

"Your arm is dirty," I said.

"It's not dirty," he denied. "It's called a tattoo."

"A what?" I asked, my head tilting to the side.

"Are you fucking serious?" He replied, his eyebrows raising.

I stared at him.

"Wow," he breathed, glancing at Dee. "Why do you have a stuffed toy?"

"Her name is Dee," I said. "You should really clean your arm, it's all dirty."

"Gee," Mikey whispered.

I hugged Dee, holding tighter onto Mikey's hand. A lady walked out and I stared at her. We followed the lady back into an office with a big brown desk in it. Mikey and I sat across from her while she sat in a big office chair.

"Hello, Gee," she greeted. "I'm Mrs. Washington, your new principal. I know things might be a little scary right now but I'm sure you'll fit right in."

I looked over at Mikey, hugging Dee closer fearfully.

"We're gonna take you into the other room and Mr. McDonald is gonna ask you a few questions," she said.

I nodded my head, and she pointed to a door. I started for the door, waiting for Mikey to follow but he never did.

"You have to go in alone this time, Gee," Mikey said and I whimpered. "I'll be right out here when you come back."