Chapter 14 - Winter

You woke slowly to a chilled room and pulled warm covers up to your chin.  The warmth behind your knees stretched and purred.  A small squeak-meow warned you that you weren't getting any more sleep.

"Good morning, (c/n)."

A more awake meow was followed by careful steps toward your face.  One final meow sent a wave of morning cat breath directly into your nose.

"Yikes!  You need a tic tac, dude!"

The cat just stared at you smugly before hopping down and trotting out the door.  Maybe he was getting a tic tac.

You climbed out of bed and slid on the slippers Charlie had gotten you for Christmas a couple years ago.  They were still in great condition despite your cat's kitten days of trying to eat the damn things.

You plucked your phone from the charger by your bed and shuffled toward the kitchen.  (C/n) was patiently waiting by his food bowl.  After pouring him some breakfast, you made yourself some of your favorite cereal.  Charlie was probably still in bed.

Suddenly, your phone chimed with a cute ringtone you had set up for Sam.

"Hello?"

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty.  Did I wake you?"

"No, I just woke up a few minutes ago."  Sam was always so considerate.

"Okay, good.  So, do you have any plans for the day?"

"Nope, unless it takes all day to eat this cereal."

"I hope not, but that would be a day well spent.  Cas invited us over so we can go sledding and told me to give you a call.  You wanna come?"

"Hell yeah, I do!"

"All right, we'll be there in fifteen minutes if Dean gets his ass out the door!"  The last part was shouted away from the phone.  You heard a faint "Shut up, Bitch" in the background and laughed quietly.

"Okay, Sam.  I gotta go so I can get ready!"

"All right.  I'll see you soon, (y/n)."

You could hear the smile in his voice.

"See you soon!"

You ended the call and sprinted to your room, regretting it instantly because slippers are, in fact, quite slippery.

"Fucking tits..!" you whisper-shouted as you fell to the floor with a thud.  (D/n) must have heard, because she came trotting out of Charlie's room to check on you.  She licked your face and you couldn't help but smile.

"Thanks, (d/n), but I'm okay.  Your doggy kisses fixed me instantly."  You gave her a good scratch behind the ears before going to get dressed.

You wrote a quick note for Charlie and left it where she usually sat at the table.

Charlie,

Going to Cas' (Cas's??) house to go sledding.  I'll send directions so you can come, too.  Just let me know when you're on your way!  Stay warm!!

Love,
(Y/n)

***

You didn't understand why Cas invited you to his house to sled until you pulled in the driveway.  The house itself was beautiful, and the yard was nothing short of what you would call huge.  There was a perfect sledding hill and a lake that was completely frozen.

Dean parked the car and turned to you.

"Cas doesn't like it when you use the word 'rich,' or anything along those lines.  It makes him uncomfortable."

"All right."  You nodded, "Thanks for the heads up."

***

Cas greeted you at the door and promised you a tour of the house.  Sam and Dean had already seen it.

"Who wants to go play in the snow like a bunch of twelve year olds?!" Dean exclaimed.

"Let's go!"

Sam took your hand and you all followed Cas toward the shed.  Suddenly, a snowball hit Sam square in the face.

"Oh, it's on!"

Sam scooped up a ball of snow and threw it at Dean, who dodged it, which sent it exploding into Cas.

You grabbed a handful of snow and aimed at Dean, who was apparently some sort of ninja because you and Sam had a terrible time hitting him.  Cas managed to hit your thigh, but Sam hit his shoulder to avenge you.

Dean threw a snowball at you as he dove into the snow.  You ducked and threw one of your own, hitting him right in the neck.

"Wooo!  I got him, Sam!"

Sam ran over and picked you up.  "That's my tiny snow ninja!"  You both laughed and he kissed your lips happily, his eyes a stunningly light blue.  You kissed him back, a little longer this time.

That's when a snowball crashed into the back of Sam's head.  He set you on the ground and chased Dean through the snow, finally tackling him and shoving snow down his coat.

"Ahh!  Truce, man!  Truce!"

Sam laughed and patted Dean on the back.  "All right, truce."

You continued onward to the shed and took as many sleds as you could carry.  Dean grabbed two snowboards, betting Sam that he couldn't get to the bottom of the hill on it.

Sam rolled his eyes and sat in a longer sled.

"(Y/n), sit in front of me."

You weren't sure if there was enough space.  You squeezed yourself in between his giant moose legs.  It was a tight fit, but it was still a fit.

"Here we go!"

Sam pushed the sled forward and the two of you rushed down the snowy hill, much faster than you'd been expecting.  You laughed and cheered the whole way down, with your Sam laughing right behind you.  Some snow flew up into your face, but you didn't mind.  Having this much fun was worth the cold cheeks.

The two of you decided to race down the hill, but Sam won in both distance and speed.  Then, you challenged Cas and Dean to a team race.  They fell out of the sled, so you and Sam won.  Of course, Dean wanted a rematch.  And another.  And then they finally won, Cas cheering with Dean at the bottom of the snowy hill.  Dean pulled Cas in for a kiss  so you turned your attention to Sam to give them some privacy.

"One more race, just us?"

"Sure."  The grin on Sam's face could have lit up the entire house.  You both grabbed your sleds and zipped down the hill.  You pulled ahead just a little, and then a little more, and then your sled veered right.  You and Sam crashed, and a sharp pain shot through your face.