Lonely Days

Chapter 12

I woke up in the middle of the night to yelling and a loud crashing sound. I got up from my position on the bed and opened my door. I peeked my head around the corner and a guard was standing in the hallway.

Psst, I said getting his attention.
He looked over at me and held a confused look.

What can I do for u ma'am, he asked.

What's that crashing noise, I asked stepping out into the hallway. He stuttered and pointed to the door that held the jokers smile symbol on it.

The joker, I asked looking at him but he was already gone. I huffed and slowly made my way to the door. I pressed my ear to it and heard cursing and yelling.

I gently turned the door knob and pushed it open trying not to alert Mr J.

I peeked my head in and the room was in ruins dressers tipped over clothes everywhere, there were holes everywhere in the walls.

Spying are we kitten, I heard a low gravely voice ask from beside me.

I jumped into the bedroom and tripped over my own two feet.  I impacted hard with the ground and yelped as I hit my elbow on the corner of a dresser.

Easy doll face, don't want you to be all banged up, J cackled lifting me off the ground.

What happened in here, I asked looking around his used to me bedroom.

Nothing that concerns you doll face, I didn't mean to wake you, he said slowly nudging me out the door.

Are you sure,  maybe I could help you clean up or something, I stuttered looking up at him.

He giggled and led me to my room, he sat with me on the bed and pulled the covers over me. 

No, I don't need your help, that's what I have goons for, he laughed. 

I have business outside of Gotham tomorrow and I will be gone for a few days but frost will be here to look out for you, he said patting my head.

Why can't I go with you, I don't want to be by myself, I said afraid.

No, that's not even an option, he said strictly. You will stay here and that's final.

He got up to go leave, Wait I said making him stop and turn to me.

Since your leaving tomorrow can u lay with me, I don't want to be alone tonight, I pleaded.

He sighed and came back to the bed and later on top of the covers. He pulled me into him so my head was on his pale tattooed chest.  Goodnight kitten, he said pecking my lips.

Goodnight J, I said smiling finally feeling safe.

Yay I was really excited about this chapter don't know why, but was. Hope u guys enjoyed more to come.