Chapter 4

The next day Ty gave me a ride to school. On the way I asked him,"How are things going on with Riley?" There was a long pause on Ty's end. Finally he answered,"So far, so good."
"I was wondering what should we do tonight?Any plans?"I asked. "I just want to stay at home tonight."he replied as we entered the parking lot. "Maybe.I will dropby later."I said getting out of the car and taking my leave.

I got to class five minute before the bell. I took my seat near the window. Our homeroom teacher Mrs.Green entered the class. "Students!Pay attention. I have some announcements to make."her voice spread through the class.
"First of all the school is going to end a lot earlier today. You all will have classea only till lunch." The entire class clapped after hearing this fortunate news.
"Well I am not over yet. Second,next week we are going to have a fundraiser so if you guys have any ideas that you wish to carry through please meet me after the class. Lastly,there is a new student that will join us today. Come in."she said motioning for the person to enter.  Everyone including me fixed our gaze at the door.

And then he entered... Brian Hastings.
There were people talking all around me.
"Wow. A real looker."said someone from a corner.
"Tall,dark and handsome."said the other. Yeah I know. And he is my ex, I thought as he began to speak.
"Hey everyone thanks for your lovely comments. I am Brian Hastings. Hope you all treat me well."he said with a sly grin. "Take a seat."said Mrs.Green. There were lot of empty seats but for some reasons he jolted straight ahead to the empt seat in front of me. He took his seat. He turned around to face me but as soon as he did I turned away from him.

Soon all our classes were over. As I headed over to the parking lot Brian stopped me. "Alexis,can we talk?"he asked. I could not believe that the guy I broke up with was standing right in front of me.
"What are you trying to do?"I asked.
"Catch up with you."he answered with a smile. "Ok. Lets talk."I said.
"I came back wanting to see you. But the bigger thing was that my dad decided to move back to town."he said.
"So,if it wasn't for you dad the you would have still been away?"I asked hoping for him to not respond to this question. I tried to keep my cool and some may think that I might have acted like a bitch but it was a lot easier when he was miles away but now he was right there, standing in front of me. I felt like a coward. I betrayed him. Brain snapped his fingers and I returned back to the reality.
"How are things going on with Tyler?"he asked.
"He is still oblivious to the fact that I have feelings gor him. He does things that are really romantic and he simply says this is what friends are supposed to do. I don't know what is going on in his head."I answered.
"But isn't that a doog thing. He doing such kind of stuffs for you?"he asked.
"How?It feels like he is cheating on Riley when he spends time with me."I said.
"Wait a minute. He is dating someone?"he asked looking a bit confused.
"Yeah. He is dating Riley."I replied. "Riley?As in Riley Saunders?"he asked. "Why ? What is the matter?Do you know her?"I asked.
"There is something about her that I need to tell tell you."he said.
"Tell me."I said wondering what it mighe be. "Well........."he was saying but before he could say something Ty approached us and gave a pat on Brian's shoulder.
"Welcome back, man."he said. "Thanks Tyler."Brian said looking a little fazed. "Brain? You were about to say something."I said wishing for him to complete the conversation.
"Maybe some other time Alexis."he said and took his leave. What was he going to tell me? Why was he acting like that when Ty came? What about her?  I thought. "Hey lets go."Ty said.

All along the ride back home. Ty kept talking. I acted to listen but my mind was somewhere else. It was still at that point where I was talking to Brian. He said he had to tell me something about Riley. But he couldn't. Had she said or done something to him? I couldn't make it out.

Author's Note
Hey guys what do we know? Brian is back in town. This chapter kind of end with a cliffhanger. Brain has something to tell about Riley.
Will Alexis and Brain bury the hatchet and try things out again? Or will there be another twist in the plot. Guys I hope you enjoy the chapter and show us some love❤❤✌